Brooks: Leetch Resigns from position w/Rangers

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Director of Player DevelopmentJed Ortmeyer
Assistant Director of Player DevelopmentTanner Glass
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not sure why but this alarms me a lot. What exactly does "Player Development" stand for in this case? Are we talking about character building or on ice?

There have been articles. It's almost like "Career Counselors" at university or mentors at work. These guys check in with prospects throughout the year and catch-up on how they're doing, take their temperature, work out issues, try and provide them solutions and data for dealing with problems.

This is like at work when your manager or the person you report to checks in with you every week or two to see what's up, what needs to get done vs. what's on your plate, etc.

Both guys were NHLers who had to scratch and claw so are good resources. Same with Ruutu.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Eh. Whatever gets us as far away from the 94 team as possible. I'm sick of hearing about it and its pathetic to parade it around like they do cause they only have 1 in 80 years. That's not Leetch's fault, but man if I see one more damn documentary about it with the same answers and same stories my head will explode.

Hire more skills and skating coaches. Hire more analytics people. Hire more scouts. Flex the big wallet.

So true. 94 is now on overkill. The first step you take inside MSG there is Mess holding the Cup. The next step is Matteau, the next is Leetch's Game 7 goal into the open net. Then Graves 52nd goal. Then Richter's save on Bure.

Then you take your seat and those moments come to life in the pregame video packages, the intermission video packages, and everything in between.

Reactions: MrAlmost

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
So true. 94 is now on overkill. The first step you take inside MSG there is Mess holding the Cup. The next step is Matteau, the next is Leetch's Game 7 goal into the open net. Then Graves 52nd goal. Then Richter's save on Bure.

Then you take your seat and those moments come to life in the pregame video packages, the intermission video packages, and everything in between.

I even used to have the whole video package memorized (DO YOU BELIEVE IT? SAVE BY RICHTER! LEETCH SCORES! HE IS QUITE SIMPLY THE GREAT ONE. YOU THE FANS WERE MY INSPIRATION)

Last edited:
Reactions: MrAlmost

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
There have been articles. It's almost like "Career Counselors" at university or mentors at work. These guys check in with prospects throughout the year and catch-up on how they're doing, take their temperature, work out issues, try and provide them solutions and data for dealing with problems.

This is like at work when your manager or the person you report to checks in with you every week or two to see what's up, what needs to get done vs. what's on your plate, etc.

Both guys were NHLers who had to scratch and claw so are good resources. Same with Ruutu.

That's reassuring then. Thanks for the clarification.

Pidto Files

Nov 8, 2019

That’s our Golden time and it’s not like other original six teams don’t do the same with their legacies..

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
We r the sheep...keep the dollars going thru turnstiles..keep it positive..memories..hope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad