Brooks: Leetch Resigns from position w/Rangers

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The amount of movement in the franchise (and more to come) stinks to high hell for a team that would currently be in the playoffs if they were in any of the other three divisions.

Culture change? You got it.

Congratulations Slats and Dole.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
We have nothing to lose and Glen Sather know this, because next season is crucial for us to show the fans the new direciton and style of hockey, and too many underperform with the previous coaching staff.

It is literally a wake up call. Haaland wake up the whole team in Dortmund and won the german cup this evening with 2 goals with Sancho both world class soccer players in age of 20!

To be brief our younger top talents need better coaching; they need to achieve and unlock their raw talent skills and set to improve the whole Rangers team. Next season is a new chapter in the Rangers history. It might take 2 seasons to achieve playoffs, but I felt it was necassary.

A wake up call for a team that’s just learning to jog from a brisk walk. Could’ve just fired the coach, that would’ve been enough.

And no the next season was never crucial, but now they just made it that way.

Reactions: CLW and fm

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quit panicking sather never left and has no desire to do anymore than he already does

Drury is no puppet

and Leetch is good buddies with Quinn and Gorton wasn’t doing any actual work anyway so he’s being a baby which he’s often been thru the years as much as I love the guy for what he did.

Reactions: Ori

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have nothing to lose and Glen Sather know this, because next season is crucial for us to show the fans the new direciton and style of hockey, and too many underperform with the previous coaching staff.

It is literally a wake up call. Haaland wake up the whole team in Dortmund and won the german cup this evening with 2 goals with Sancho both world class soccer players in age of 20!

To be brief our younger top talents need better coaching; they need to achieve and unlock their raw talent skills and set to improve the whole Rangers team. Next season is a new chapter in the Rangers history. It might take 2 seasons to achieve playoffs, but I felt it was necassary.
Yeah my post was tongue-in-cheek, I was expecting people to freak out that his departure spelled doom.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
A wake up call for a team that’s just learning to jog from a brisk walk. Could’ve just fired the coach, that would’ve been enough.

And no the next season was never crucial, but now they just made it that way.
Agreed. You miss the playoffs again... no big deal but then you fire Quinn. OK
Offseason moves are made or signings or resigning, extensions etc. OK
Season starts w expectations based on young team taking next step and new coach.

NOW it's "NYR CLEAN HOUSE IN MIDDLE OF LIGHT SPEED REBUILD"

Only one way no one second guesses any of what has already transpired (let alone the rest of the off season moves) and that's with a cup... so... yeah. When that doesn't happen this place will implode, then explode like the Big Bang.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Eh. Whatever gets us as far away from the 94 team as possible. I'm sick of hearing about it and its pathetic to parade it around like they do cause they only have 1 in 80 years. That's not Leetch's fault, but man if I see one more damn documentary about it with the same answers and same stories my head will explode.

Hire more skills and skating coaches. Hire more analytics people. Hire more scouts. Flex the big wallet.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Maybe Graves is next to walk the plank?

Maybe, but Graves has always been more involved. Unless you follow, intently, the front office, the scouts and the Hockey Ops department as a whole you would never know Leetch and Richards worked for the Rangers. Graves actually goes to development camps, meets with players and engages with the team staff.

Less guys collecting legacy checks and more guys helping turn this franchise into a well oiled, player producing machine.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Director of Player DevelopmentJed Ortmeyer
Assistant Director of Player DevelopmentTanner Glass
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not sure why but this alarms me a lot. What exactly does "Player Development" stand for in this case? Are we talking about character building or on ice?

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not sure why but this alarms me a lot. What exactly does "Player Development" stand for in this case? Are we talking about character building or on ice?
George McPhee is a gm and Dave brown is scouting director flyers.. .its about mgmtnskills..not where is in that position. Esposito nyr gm coach fired quickly

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Depends on the team, but a lot of Player Development departments are pretty much player support. Making sure they are getting the tools/access they need for success at whatever point they are in their careers, depending on how the organization views that player at any given moment. Be it training, dietary, education, etc.

Reactions: IamNotADancer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad