Post-Game Talk: Brooks Laich is a great hockey player and an even better person Yotes @ Caps 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Trotz says johansson will miss Montreal game. Came to arena just to get IV and is really weak

Per khurysdan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
MJ got an IV eh, sounds like gastroenteritis to... Tex Cymbal, Internet MD.

cfcf049679a736e83a6e4b12ad375fdd.jpeg

Its fine for anyone now to miss a few games. They get to rest, and players get to practice being in new roles. And best yet is that Trotz gets to evaluate them and prep for the inevitable adjustments he will be forced to take in the loffs.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Best team we ever have had from top to bottom.

I just can't get excited because we are just waiting for that epic choke come the playoffs

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Good game. A little leaky defensively, but Holtby showed up tonight which was encouraging. The top 9 looked good tonight but Latta and Laich looked bad. Galiev actually had a nice game when he played on the first line for a few shifts.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
MJ got an IV eh, sounds like gastroenteritis to... Tex Cymbal, Internet MD.

cfcf049679a736e83a6e4b12ad375fdd.jpeg

Its fine for anyone now to miss a few games. They get to rest, and players get to practice being in new roles. And best yet is that Trotz gets to evaluate them and prep for the inevitable adjustments he will be forced to take in the loffs.

I am waiting for txpd's confirmation.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Great effort by 43 on that richards goal. Had his stick down and ready for the shot; put a hard shot on net which almost beat Domingue; crashed the net to poke the puck free; and then absorbed assault of four coyotes who jumped him in the corner after richards potted the goal.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Imagine having this version of the $4.5M man playing on this current team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7c7dqZDCo

We could use that kind of Brooks Laich this season for sure. Sad thing happened to him.

@this game

Holtby was better. Backstrom was better, I thought, too. Oshie and Bura aren't finishing on Ovechkin's level though.

Richards showing what seemed not likely after a first bunch of games. This is huge. We just need another right handed faceoff man with defensive and forechecking smarts. The comment on team chemistry was right on target too.

Williams was benched for the end of 3rd. Or are they showcasing Galiev?

All in all, not much energy spent, boring game to a degree (defensive minded Tippet team provides just that usually, I guess). 2 points. Next.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
By the way, new nhl.tv feature - no spoiler mode (sp?)

Shows stats by the game progression even when watching the replay. Very neat.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Imagine having this version of the $4.5M man playing on this current team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7c7dqZDCo

There was nothing special about that version of Laich, either, IMO. Faster, sure. But overall, just riding the **** out of the coattails of an extremely potent offense and enjoying sky-high confidence that can lift a player far above his actual skill level. And also lots of media love..

For example, IMO Chimera is roughly same level of player -- with the right fit, Chimera quite easily could've scored 20+ goals earlier in his career and gotten a huge "emerging top-6 power forward" contract. He just didn't get that chance, playing on terrible teams, so got pegged (appropriately) as a bottom-6 guy. Maybe the only difference is -- Chimera didn't get hit with a serious injury, plus always had elite speed, so unlike Laich, he's been able to remain a (very) useful grinder.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Trotz says johansson will miss Montreal game. Came to arena just to get IV and is really weak

Per khurysdan

I just watched trotz pressure. maybe its just me but he didn't say that. he said marcus came in and tried to go. took an iv and they sent him home. then he talked about galiev and how well he played and why he played so little and then said he was going to keep him in for montreal.

So I heard Galiev is going to play. Nothing about MJ playing or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad