Post-Game Talk: Brooks Laich is a great hockey player and an even better person Yotes @ Caps 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Would be a shame to lose him in an unlikely trade. Expecting a hatty tonight, as usual.

Sparky

Feb 19, 2004
Virginia
I'm hoping OEL can play. Kid's fun to watch out there.

It'll also be interesting to see if the Caps can avoid the early-game blahs. Arizona can put goals up, these days, so it'd be nice to have a good start for once.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting lines for the Coyotes. Jarred Tinordi... I thought he played defense? They have him listed as 4LW. Their 4C doesn't have a number. Two rookies on the 2nd line. Shane Doan 3RW behind Boedker and Duclair. OEL is a game time decision.

How are they in playoff contention? Tippett must have those guys playing hard. Keep the train rolling.

Jun 15, 2007
Arizona was in contention. I think they've fallen out. They're 5 points behind Nashville for WC2 and 7 points behind San Jose for Pacific3.

I wouldn't mind Boyd coming back for a Cup run. As long as the price is right and Brooks goes the other way.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Interesting lines for the Coyotes. Jarred Tinordi... I thought he played defense? They have him listed as 4LW. Their 4C doesn't have a number. Two rookies on the 2nd line. Shane Doan 3RW behind Boedker and Duclair. OEL is a game time decision.

How are they in playoff contention? Tippett must have those guys playing hard. Keep the train rolling.

Essentially, their current core is composed of Domi, Duclair, Doan, Boedker, OEL and Hanzal. It's not bad, but looking at the entire Coyotes roster, you wouldn't think that they're in the playoff race. The Pacific being terrible for most of the year helped them, they only lost their playoff spot around Christmas I think.

I watched all their games against the Ducks, and I was very impressed. I think they're going to be sellers at the TDL. Do you think we could give them Laich and a 1st for a Boedker rental?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Boedker isn't really a need at this point and no way they take that deal. Someone will give them more for him, even as a rental.

Jun 15, 2007
We have too many Swedes. That's why we have no Finns and Danes. Can't upset their Swedish sensitivities.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Essentially, their current core is composed of Domi, Duclair, Doan, Boedker, OEL and Hanzal. It's not bad, but looking at the entire Coyotes roster, you wouldn't think that they're in the playoff race. The Pacific being terrible for most of the year helped them, they only lost their playoff spot around Christmas I think.

I watched all their games against the Ducks, and I was very impressed. I think they're going to be sellers at the TDL. Do you think we could give them Laich and a 1st for a Boedker rental?

Hanzal.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Laich is a leader of men!

Last game Kuzzy took an odd embarrassing tumble in the O-zone. After taking forever to get back up, our leader of men banged his stick on the halfway from the bench. And Kuzzy got up and skated or so hard back to defend (not!)

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
They don't need Mojo to win tonight, but Richards is a huge downgrade on the third line.

I hope the Caps come out with some focus and play a good first period, but with their recent ability to come back I feel like they take it too easy especially against opponents who are not very good (like Arizona). I expect another high scoring game, hoping it's 4-1 Caps instead of like a 5-4 comeback type game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel it was only a matter time before Richards got a look above 4, and am glad to see it tried before playoff desperation time.

Last edited:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Richards has actually looked decent the last 3 or so games. It seems like he's at least creating some scoring chances. He looks a little stronger with the puck (still not where he needs to be). Hope he pots one tonight.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I hope we start sitting guys every once in a while and then ramp it back up towards the end. Now is the time...

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I hope we start sitting guys every once in a while and then ramp it back up towards the end. Now is the time...

Trotz has been managing TOI very well. Was looking at stats for last game, and there was only one person (Carlson) with more than 20mins TOI.

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada

I think it is a good idea to rest guys, but do it strategically (I.e back to back games or possibly against very physical teams). Otherwise, if they want to play, let them go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad