Post-Game Talk: Brooks Laich is a great hockey player and an even better person Yotes @ Caps 7:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I thought last night was Galiev's best game. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some more time moving forward, especially if we stand pat at the TDL.

I am confident that there is a reason why the caps have kept him on the scratch sheet all season rather than expose him to waivers.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
There was nothing special about that version of Laich, either, IMO. Faster, sure. But overall, just riding the **** out of the coattails of an extremely potent offense and enjoying sky-high confidence that can lift a player far above his actual skill level. And also lots of media love..

For example, IMO Chimera is roughly same level of player -- with the right fit, Chimera quite easily could've scored 20+ goals earlier in his career and gotten a huge "emerging top-6 power forward" contract. He just didn't get that chance, playing on terrible teams, so got pegged (appropriately) as a bottom-6 guy. Maybe the only difference is -- Chimera didn't get hit with a serious injury, plus always had elite speed, so unlike Laich, he's been able to remain a (very) useful grinder.
Can I make this my signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad