GDT: Bronze Medal Game: Finland Vs Sweden | 9AM EST 3PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Haha.
Well, your teams could really use their resilience and chippiness.
I have got to be the biggest Swede hockey fan outside of Sweden, and it is frustrating as hell watching the lack of desperation in close games, the lack of pressure on the pk. Sweden plays wonderful team hockey, and NHL coaches constantly say they are the most coachable and teamfirst, egoless guys.... but you need a lot more, ‘**** you!’ in your game

And Finland has plenty of that.

:thumbu:

Doesnt matter i want team sweden to be just team Sweden and not some Team Nordic :laugh:! i think the finns feels the same!

Reactions: Dingo and FinPanda

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Really wish we stopped playing soccer in this stupid country. We are wasting hockey talents.

Reactions: Dingo

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Sweden/Finland would win every tournament. They are already top teams on their own.
I would like it, for a real, solid rival against Canada at the best on best level. Russia has slipped, and never has enough d or goaltending, and the States is on the rise, but things get so damned pissy over here vs the USA. That, and I have always loved both Swedes and Finnish teams, and the combined population would still be less than half of Canada’s

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
Lets invite Norway and Denmark too to the party :sarcasm:
Haha. Man, if you sent those wicked Norwegian athletes to established hockey schools in Sweden or Finland..... I mean, I think if hockey got a country a medal for each player instead of just one, that Norway would get good fast.

I like your joke, though.

Reactions: FinPanda

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Combined team won't ever happen, and people of either country do not want that happen, but as a scenario it is still interesting.

Just scrap top 10-15 players of both country and look what you get out from it on paper. Of course it wouldn't be that simple, but combined team from combined hockey program would likely appear better than just sum of them.

Anyway, Congratz again. Sweden truly deserved this bronze, and it does hurt me much less than it normally would do, because of that abysmal Canada game.

member 305909

Good job Sweden. I know it must have been hard to get up for this one.

Finnish hockey has also moved to a point that people don't care about these 3rd place finals. Why do they keep on forcing year after year the totally pointless game?

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I didn't even watch this game. I've always felt that bronze games are only about who can overcome their disappointment the fastest, at best.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Swedish media be like: WOO-f***ING-HOO! A BRONZE OMG!!!!11!11 Sure, you can be happy about the overall performance in the tournament if you want, depending on your expectations ofcourse. But you sure as shit don't f***ing celebrate a bronze like you won the GMG that is absurd.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Swedish media be like: WOO-****ING-HOO! A BRONZE OMG!!!!11!11 Sure, you can be happy about the overall performance in the tournament if you want, depending on your expectations ofcourse. But you sure as **** don't ****ing celebrate a bronze like you won the GMG that is absurd.
I am sure Finnish media would do the same.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
True, but at least they can find something positive.
The positives are; they performed better than the media thought they would. Sure a semi-final is an acceptable result. But considering Sweden has 8 medals in the WJC since 2008 it really isn't something you celebrate like it's a gold. Pardon my general negativity.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
The positives are; they performed better than the media thought they would. Sure a semi-final is an acceptable result. But considering Sweden has 8 medals in the WJC since 2008 it really isn't something you celebrate like it's a gold.
Oh it was the same for Swedes? I thought Swedish media thought they are one of the favourites.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Oh it was the same for Swedes? I thought Swedish media thought they are one of the favourites.
Swedish media generally downplay Swedens chances, as an example they still have this overall picture of Russia like it's the undefeatable Sovjet monster it once was.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Swedish media generally downplay Swedens, they still have this overall picture of Russia like it's the undefeatable Sovjet monster it once was.
Its funny as Finnish media is the same for Finland. Of course Russia isn't undefeatable beast for us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad