GDT: Bronze Medal Game • Feb. 22 • United States vs. Finland • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingaporeRanger

Dec 16, 2010
Singapore
Team USA, did not care very much. They showed some emotion, but once they got down 2 they quit. And it shows how often they went to the penalty in the 3rd.
They were not to interested in playing after early in the 2nd.

They took penalties because the Finns had speed and a good passing game, that is what happens in a game. If you are on the ice you want to win, and if you are a player that just quits because you happen to be down by two goals you shouldn't be a professional athlete.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Sad, a Gold medal game for the US would have one a long way to create interest in the sport for casual fans in America.....now they go home with nothing and they will get little to no attention.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Finland wanted atleast something from the tournament after losing to Sweden of all nations. Sad that gold medal game was so close.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I honestly don't even care that we lost. Finland played amazing and I actually had fun watching because of the exciting plays like Teemu's backhand and the fact that Finns are such respectable guys in these threads. They feel no need to be smug and are awesome. They also gave us Olli Maatta. Finland bros forever.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I'm not as surprised as some. I honestly think Finland could have beaten Sweden with Rask in net.

Honestly, I wish people would stop making excuses for the US. You lost to a better team. Could the result have been different had your team had more confidence? Likely, but it wasn't. Hypothetical situations don't hold much merit. I'd get flat out attacked if I claimed the Leafs would have made it to the Cup finals had they beaten Boston, which is essentially the same thing you're saying.

Let the Fin's have their moment, they earned it. It's not like they were any worse against Canada than the US was as well. They may actually be the better team...

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
That is just the excuse that the USA will use for losing today, just like Canada did for losing the bronze medal game in 1998. Finland was simply the better team today.

I agree. The players blocking shots until the end still looked like they cared. Finland was the better team and the US couldn't handle them. Then they took undisciplined penalties which helped Finland put the game out of reach. Good job, Finland.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Did you watch the game? Did it look like that team was even giving a 50% effort out there? They didn't care. At all. It was gold or bust for Americans.

It looked the same yesterday. Wondering why they didn't care to win olympics semifinal either.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
They took penalties because the Finns had speed and a good passing game, that is what happens in a game. If you are on the ice you want to win, and if you are a player that just quits because you happen to be down by two goals you shouldn't be a professional athlete.

Agree here 100% if you dont care about being embarrassed dont be a professional and also this game proves Kane is useless without a shutdown player on his line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad