GDT: Bronze Medal Game • Feb. 22 • United States vs. Finland • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
McDonagh has probably been USA's best player this tournament. He did make a bad read on the 2nd goal today, but are you serious about the first goal? That one is entirely on Quick - nothing more a defenseman can do there.

Stepan isn't even playing for ****'s sake. Did someone involved with the Rangers kill your dog or something?

He is a rangers fan so it makes sense that he hates his own players that much.

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010
Very mentally tough to play in a game like this for a North American player. Imagine losing in game 7 of a Stanley Cup conference final and then having to play in a game the next day for 3rd place. Reminds me of when the 1998 Canadian team lost to Finland for the bronze. They also checked out mentally.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Kesler has shown up but doesn't have the stats to show for it.

3 things I admire about Kesler...

- After the 2010 GMG loss, he took interview after interview after interview. :yo:

- After he was hurt in one of the Olympic games, he went to the end of the bench and hid the pain he was in. He didn't want to be the center of attention. He didn't want to distract his team.

- How hard he is playing today.

He is a great player.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Finland is there to win that medal. US already looks defeated and doesn't care about this game at all

I guess they didn't care yesterday either. Main problem is they cannot score no matter how hard they try. Bylsma's stubborn mentality on not making adjustments is maddening. Now I see why Pen's fans get so upset at him.

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
So Kane can't convert on 2 penalty shots and now can't tell whether a puck is in the net or not just go home man :facepalm:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Kane needs to sit a shift or two, no confidence at all

Kane is playing frustrated as can be and pressing big time certainly, but at the same time he is the only guy on Team USA generating any offensive chances!

Was Kessel's name said at all that period?

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
It's quite easy when you have a thousand Canadian trolls coming in here.

Just wait until Sweden plays Canada tommorow and
has the defensive and goalie ability of Finland but a more potent offense. There
will be a lot of whining and I think we Americans should let off the bitter comments for today. Just like Canadian posters have been rooting against us
every game, we can do the same.

FlutteringSaucer

Apr 27, 2012
Finland is there to win that medal. US already looks defeated and doesn't care about this game at all
I agree that Finns have great attitude for this game. Although when you are playing in the last national team game for Selänne, Timonen and Salo you kind of have to give 110%.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If I was Bylsma I would be pretty irritated, the Americans look like they don't care at all. You're playing for an Olympic meda after all, how about showing that you give a crap for the remaining 20 minutes.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Ah love being right so often. Jonathan Quick is amazing, great 4th place finish Quick, he is def better then Miller :lol::lol:

I haven't seen anything you have posted makes me believe you are right very often.
This post just backs ups my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad