Broll vs Ashton

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Ashton is also playing with a broken nose people. I know that he is wearing the full mask but come on. It wouldn't be a surprise if it's a bit of a distraction.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Ashton is also playing with a broken nose people. I know that he is wearing the full mask but come on. It wouldn't be a surprise if it's a bit of a distraction.

He's never showed anything other than being a unskilled energy player so why do you think this would change if he didn't have a broken nose ?

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Broll is both a better player and a better fighter than Ashton, I'd keep Broll unless he'd only sit in the pressbox every night once all the injured return, only then would I understand keeping Ashton instead

SteveV*

It is fair to say that Ashton hasn't looked that good since his impressive training camp. My opinion prior to camp was that he was a bit player, that would be an injury call up type guy. I reassessed because the guy was driven in camp, looked a revelation. Having watched him this year however, he does look marginal, no hands at all, no vision or complexity to his decision making, decent cycle work, that's about it. A plug so far.... He'd be back in the A if not for injuries, that's just a fact, based on his performance to date.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Both are bottom 6 average players anyway. Broll maybe has a bigger upside but ashton is more NHL ready right now. Ashton is also okay defensively so you can leave him on the big club.

Not a huge fan of either though really, don't expect them to be long-term pieces with us.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm becoming a big broll fan kid has wheels, hands, and hockey sense to go along with his size.

But i'd like to see him get some more ahl time to see if he can develop those offensive skills a bit more.

Ashton i'm fine with getting 4th line minutes up here, bit 20yr old broll needs more minutes at this point.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
well, at 220lbs and 6ft2, if he can develop some offence, then he is a great 6th round choice. Any chance he can be any more than that? I know very little about him, but of all the callups, he's been the one that has impressed me most.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Lupul-Kadri-Broll has actually been a pretty good line.

This. I think Broll has played very well with the limited time he has received. Broll has been doing the grunt work on that line checks better than expected for a young kid.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I prefer Broll, and Leivo, and D'Amigo, and Abbott. As mentioned above, Ashton's best attribute is his board work. He's a harmless body to throw into the lineup, someone that won't make major errors that will cost goals against but he contributes pretty much nothing offensively and I don't see much upside in that area. I've got to say I don't get the crush many seem to have on this player.

SteveV*

Ashton is losing his spot every game, where is the guy with all the jam in preseason? He was absolutely nothing again last night, and he might just be blowing his last chance, because others are passing him by as we speak!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad