McKenzie: Brodie for Kadri almost happened

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why is this thread still open and 8 pages long? Lol

Who cares!!.. Alot of trades almost happen everyday

Everytime i look, this thread is near the top!haha.. And i just made it go to top again

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
For whoever cares, Chris Johnston said that it was a deal similar to the Colarado one in that it was a dman (Brodie) and an affordable center who can play 3rd like minutes.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
We don't know what the whole deal with Calgary was. I would agree that Toronto got a better deal than just Brodie alone. I doubt Calgary would have retained cap.

I also think there is a chance that Kerfoot may be flipped for a marginal return, depending on how things go with the Marner negotiations.

The Calgary deal wasn't for Brodie alone. Both deals had d men and centre combo coming back ( Brodie and Bennett /Janko). I'd rather have barrie of the two d but either Calgary guy as centre options. So both would be net positive deals for Toronto assuming the 2nd piece was Rosen ish calibre

Last edited:

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
For whoever cares, Chris Johnston said that it was a deal similar to the Colarado one in that it was a dman (Brodie) and an affordable center who can play 3rd like minutes.
Jankowski is my guess. What was really interesting was he said on the radio something like he thought it was going to be a 3 team trade? Someone to retain salary on Brodie then flip him to the Leafs maybe? didn't catch if he mentioned who the third team was

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Jankowski is my guess. What was really interesting was he said on the radio something like he thought it was going to be a 3 team trade? Someone to retain salary on Brodie then flip him to the Leafs maybe? didn't catch if he mentioned who the third team was

delete

Last edited:

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
It is literally 13.8 degrees, raining with wind gusts nearing 40 KM/H in Vancouver as i I type this. I'm not sure that meets the criteria of "burning hot" but if you insist.

Facts suck, huh?

Boy what a "burning hot" week ahead as well. It'll even hit 22 degrees at one point this week!
Yeah 1 week where it’s been cloudy and raining on and off offsets the weeks before this and the entire summer of 2018

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Johnston said Kadri was involved in a potential 3 team trade, but a team was on Kadri's NTC, so the Leafs circled back to the Avs.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I think what he meant was that Kadri nixed another trade or had another untreated team on his NTC list
No he used the exact words "3 team trade" unless I'm ridiculously misremembering.

They upload full segments the next day iirc so if I remember I can take another listed tomorrow

Reactions: jaric1862

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Mean to acknowledge but true, only city in Canada I would consider living in besides Toronto is Vancouver
Same. I love going to Toronto and have relatives in West Vancouver.

I only live in Montreal because my business is over here. Otherwise, I'd get the f*** outta this shit hole. The only thing I would miss are the women and the food - amazing. Everything else: lol.

Reactions: firstemperor

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
No he used the exact words "3 team trade" unless I'm ridiculously misremembering.

They upload full segments the next day iirc so if I remember I can take another listed tomorrow

Yeah you’re right. I just re-listened to it

Reactions: Snakepit

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Calgary deal wasn't for Brodie alone. Both deals had d men and centre combo coming back ( Brodie and Bennett /Janko). I'd rather have barrie of the two d but either Calgary guy as centre options. So both would be net positive deals for Toronto assuming the 2nd piece was Rosen ish calibre
I doubt Calgary put Bennett on the table. He was their best forward in the playoffs.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I doubt Calgary put Bennett on the table. He was their best forward in the playoffs.

This management group is out of lunch if they aren’t putting a third line winger for a legit top 6 centre on a bargain contract. But Bennett isn’t a centre anyway, so I doubt that’s who toronto was asking for.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Either way.. the deal would of been similar... but ..... deal is done... and the Colorado one is better.

Dubas did well... say what you want but he's got gumption... close this thread down.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
This management group is out of lunch if they aren’t putting a third line winger for a legit top 6 centre on a bargain contract. But Bennett isn’t a centre anyway, so I doubt that’s who toronto was asking for.

Brodie plus one of Bennett/jankow was the rumour i believe. No matter, happy how it worked out.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Probably Brodie and jankowski then.

I think Dubas preferred this option. Jankowski is a big center and looks more like a 3rd line C. Kerfoot is in no way a guy you put on the 3rd line to take any of Kadri's minutes. Brodie is better defensively than Barrie, likely cheaper to resign; Barrie is the better player, but the Leafs do not lack another PP guy.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
There are people on here trying to argue Brodie is much better defensively than Berry. Just how bad is he on defense? Because aside from when he's with Gio, Brodie is BAD in his zone.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Once again, Bennett still has room to develop. He'll be cheaper than Kadri. He had a better playoffs. The organization is very high on Bennett, and he's exactly the kind of depth player every team pays a large sum for at the deadline each year.

I honestly don't think Bennett was on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad