Speculation: Brock Boeser how much will he get when his ELC Ends?

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
that may be a good thought now, but when we also have to sign Pettersson.... this will matter
?

No it won't.

Every team puts all their money in the core players and we only have Horvat and Boeser in that core moving forward. Besides, we have no idea what Pettersson will do at the NHL level and if he does do well then we can cross that bridge 3-4 years from now.

Reactions: travis scott

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He still has another season left after this, so a little soon for speculation when he's only played 30 games. Also within that time frame it likely won't be Jim Benning negotiating the deal, so that adds a whole other angle to it.

Personally though I think a big factor for comparison will be Horvat. I don't think you can pay Boeser Draisatl numbers when Horvat is only making 5.5. $6-7M long term seems more likely, in line with Pastrnak.

Reactions: Tryampled

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Wait and see what he does. His shooting % could get super low for all you know in his 2nd season.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Is this a joke?

The post says when his ELC ends. And the posters are projecting that if he keeps his numbers up that he deserves that kind of money. If he keeps up 40 goals and ppg he deserves 9.5mil. The entire point of a forum is to post hypotheticals and share ideas. They arent saying that TODAY he deserves that kind of money...

This thread is a joke, so no?

I can make hypotheticals too based on a small sample size. Bennett will get 8 years $9 mil as his next contract because is a PPG his past 15 games.

It's the same stupid fallacy as the OP.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Hopefully he gets a deal like Pastrnak. Of course everyone wants to use the Oilers bloated contracts as comparables though. The league will be ruined if everyone follows that..

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
This thread is a joke, so no?

I can make hypotheticals too based on a small sample size. Bennett will get 8 years $9 mil as his next contract because is a PPG his past 15 games.

It's the same stupid fallacy as the OP.

oh really ,I am not he loooks like with the amount he scores ,the kid will get pay day.Maybeit is way too early to tell but and I am jumping the gun a bit .

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
HF seems a bit obsessed with second contracts these days but you might want to wait until a player has played his rookie year before worrying what he is going to get paid.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Whatever the contract is, the Canucks have no issue considering we are getting 14 Million (Sedins) off the books.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Boeser puts up 40 goals and 80 points twice, he’ll definitely get near $10m, but he’s only been on that pace for a little over 30 games. Once teams have a scouting report on him, they’ll probably find some ways to slow him down a bit. It’ll knock him off pace. When contract negotiations roll around, Boeser’s camp points to this 30 games (and possibly beyond), and the Nucks point to time spent off pace. They meet in the middle-ish at something like $7x7. A couple years down the line it looks like great value like MacKinnon, Barkov, Monahan, etc.

Just my guess.

Reactions: travis scott

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
This thread is silly, and far too premature. However, I guess that's the point of HF - premature e-prospectulation all over the place.

Not that Boeser is premature, but his contract talks are.

However, no one has mentioned that the Canucks did Boeser and his family a solid last year by bringing him up for about 10 meaningless games at the end of last season, burning a year off the ELC - but more importantly, paying Boeser who had to financially help out his family. It seems that Benning dealt with him in good faith, and I don't think Boeser will forget it.

I am estimating a 6 million x 7 year deal if this pace maintains - a slight market discount.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Boeser has a year left on his ECL. It is unusual for a player to sign their next contract prior to their ECL being complete. Waiting out till the end gives the Canucks 2 years to evaluate Boeser before committing big money to him instead of just 1

I am not aware of any Brock Boeser ECL injury :-p

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Is this a joke?

The post says when his ELC ends. And the posters are projecting that if he keeps his numbers up that he deserves that kind of money. If he keeps up 40 goals and ppg he deserves 9.5mil. The entire point of a forum is to post hypotheticals and share ideas. They arent saying that TODAY he deserves that kind of money...
also notice how its Flames fans putting it down. Hmmmmmm I wonder what the connection there is. The motives are so transparent.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I remember the days when Boeser was lighting up the NCAA and Canucks fans were horrified that he would Vesey us and sign with Minnesota

Hockey down under

Feb 13, 2017
This thread is silly, and far too premature. However, I guess that's the point of HF - premature e-prospectulation all over the place.

Not that Boeser is premature, but his contract talks are.

However, no one has mentioned that the Canucks did Boeser and his family a solid last year by bringing him up for about 10 meaningless games at the end of last season, burning a year off the ELC - but more importantly, paying Boeser who had to financially help out his family. It seems that Benning dealt with him in good faith, and I don't think Boeser will forget it.

I am estimating a 6 million x 7 year deal if this pace maintains - a slight market discount.
Thats a very good point. You are probably right

Reactions: jd22

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Unless it is some ridiculous discount job security signing, the Canucks don't need to rush at all with the boeser deal. He has no rights in rfa because he didn't play 10 games last year. He cannot be offer sheeted, no arbitration.

Take the time through next season, see if he keeps up the pace and repeats. Then pay him what he is worth.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Could someone refresh me the rule as of why he used a contract year last season?

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I love everything about Brock Boeser, but it's way too early to be talking about his next contract price.

No it's not because he can sign an extension on July 1st. The 9 game he played last year burned a year on his entry level contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad