Player Discussion Brock Boeser - Brock Around the Clock

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Brock Boeser (3-1—4) buried his third hat trick this season and sixth of his NHL career and then assisted on the overtime winner by Elias Pettersson (2-1—3) as the League-leading Canucks (33-11-5, 71 points) completed their fourth three-goal, third-period comeback victory in franchise history. Quinn Hughes (0-3—3) also factored on the winning goal and became the sixth different defenseman in NHL history to record eight three-assist games in a season. With every hat trick this season, AstraZeneca will donate $5,000 to the Hockey Fights Cancer Fund of the V Foundation up to $500,000. Click here for more information.

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17642

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Brock Boeser (3-1—4) buried his third hat trick this season and sixth of his NHL career and then assisted on the overtime winner by Elias Pettersson (2-1—3) as the League-leading Canucks (33-11-5, 71 points) completed their fourth three-goal, third-period comeback victory in franchise history. Quinn Hughes (0-3—3) also factored on the winning goal and became the sixth different defenseman in NHL history to record eight three-assist games in a season. With every hat trick this season, AstraZeneca will donate $5,000 to the Hockey Fights Cancer Fund of the V Foundation up to $500,000. Click here for more information.

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17642
I'm a Vancouverite who actually sat down for lunch in a Cheli's Chili. 2007 it was, a little before Canadian Thanksgiving.

I'll take my cookie or trophy now, thanks!

:moose:

• Love
Reactions: Chelis Chili

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Longest serving Canucks now as well which is nuts. Almost a decade with the team.
And now finally not a "young prospect" anymore.

In my opinion BB should be traded while the iron's hot.

Like Huberdeau, he should be traded while his numbers are the highest in he career.

Boeser and Huberdeau are the same, both rely on their other players set them up and carry the play.

Lots of fans get so caught up in goals or player points and use those as a distraction from team performance.

Last year Horvat had 30 goals when traded, fans wondered or worried where the goals were going to come from. Last year Kuzmenko was the Goal scoring replacement, a 40 goal scorer out of the box and 1+mil cheaper per season. Last year no team in the league wanted Boeser.

Horvat's 30 goes and is easiy replaced by Boeser's 30 goals, Boeser's goals go and is easily replaced by whomever they put into Horvat/Boeser's spot.

Any trade should be looked at as similar. Boeser and Huberdeau

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
And now finally not a "young prospect" anymore.

In my opinion BB should be traded while the iron's hot.

Like Huberdeau, he should be traded while his numbers are the highest in he career.

Boeser and Huberdeau are the same, both rely on their other players set them up and carry the play.

Lots of fans get so caught up in goals or player points and use those as a distraction from team performance.

Last year Horvat had 30 goals when traded, fans wondered or worried where the goals were going to come from. Last year Kuzmenko was the Goal scoring replacement, a 40 goal scorer out of the box and 1+mil cheaper per season. Last year no team in the league wanted Boeser.

Horvat's 30 goes and is easiy replaced by Boeser's 30 goals, Boeser's goals go and is easily replaced by whomever they put into Horvat/Boeser's spot.

Any trade should be looked at as similar. Boeser and Huberdeau

I do agree that players like Boeser aren’t as important as their stats suggest, and are more easily replaceable than players who are doing the heavy lifting, but you can’t just replace them with anyone and expect the same results. Horvat is a very good player himself and Kuzmenko is talented as well and was posting unsustainable numbers. It takes chemistry, a high IQ and good finishing skills to do what he does. Realistically you’re not getting someone to replace what he does for cheaper unless you get lucky.

I’d certainly be wary of paying him the raise a potential 45-50 goal year might command though, so depending on where things sit in the off season, I don’t think trading him should be off the table if it improves the team. But I think it would have to be a situation where you’re getting roster improvement elsewhere or assets to obtain someone who improves the roster elsewhere.

I also don’t think there’s any way you trade him in season considering how things have gone so far. Not just because he’s scoring but because the players on the team finally seem on the same page and that’s not something you want to upset mid-season.

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I do agree that players like Boeser aren’t as important as their stats suggest, and are more easily replaceable than players who are doing the heavy lifting, but you can’t just replace them with anyone and expect the same results. Horvat is a very good player himself and Kuzmenko is talented as well and was posting unsustainable numbers. It takes chemistry, a high IQ and good finishing skills to do what he does. Realistically you’re not getting someone to replace what he does for cheaper unless you get lucky.

I’d certainly be wary of paying him the raise a potential 45-50 goal year might command though, so depending on where things sit in the off season, I don’t think trading him should be off the table if it improves the team. But I think it would have to be a situation where you’re getting roster improvement elsewhere or assets to obtain someone who improves the roster elsewhere.

I also don’t think there’s any way you trade him in season considering how things have gone so far. Not just because he’s scoring but because the players on the team finally seem on the same page and that’s not something you want to upset mid-season.
He is a one dimensional complimentary player.

What he is doing does not require a high hockey IQ, just a quick release or standing up around the net and putting in the garbage goals.

Who knew that Burrows would be a 30 goal scorer, Suter is filling the net way above his average, Blueger just got a hatty didn't he?

Maybe Podkolzin breaks out, or one of the other AHL players. Maybe even Kuzmenko does start potting them again.

Ya the room. It seems they are together and gaining chemistry.
Is there a scenario where parachuting in a "saviour" and moving out a team mate makes thing better?

So much has gone into making this season special or surprising.
Super high shooting percentages, save percentages, getting team as just the right time, their down time, incredibly lucky with minimum major injuries, everything makes it almost too good to be real.

Still move Boeser ASAP and get that cap space for a more dynamic player. 7 million will still get a decent player, (Hughes/Pettersson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad