Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just wow!.....what an all-star weekend for Boeser......collects more than half a million in bonus money.....heck that's more than half his entire entry level salary.....been a long time since a rookie made that kind of splash on all-star weekend.....it's almost enough to make you think that Jimbo deserves to keep his job for drafting him alone.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Just wow!.....what an all-star weekend for Boeser......collects more than half a million in bonus money.....heck that's more than half his entire entry level salary.....been a long time since a rookie made that kind of splash on all-star weekend.....it's almost enough to make you think that Jimbo deserves to keep his job for drafting him alone.

Thank you for ruining it

member 290103

Yeah, but after taxes, man it's closer to just 300k - plus he'll have to pay US tax on the value of the Honda he won. Just a lot of tax bills for Boss. I feel for him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Boeser seriously reminds me of a young Brett Hull. He’s a very special player, if Pettersson becomes the playmaker he has the potential to be, it’s going to be a very dynamic combo.

Reactions: Nucker101

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

nogodnopleaseno.gif

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I assume this is what BB's car will look like:
mystyle_2015-12-25_831_28108_thumb.jpg

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
we are so ****ing lucky to have this kid holy ****
Forreal. What a combination of character and skill. We never have to worry about off ice issues with this kid. Just all class, all the time. Scores goals and makes the players around him better. 'He could have played with a cigarette in his mouth' I think also applies to Boeser. Just so calm and confident about himself.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

Yeah. almost.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Ooozes leadership and likability. Guys lile Matthews and Crosby gravitated to him.

Boeser is going to be enticing free agents to come here and play w. Him once he is the face of the franchise and were good again to be battling for playpffs.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Great weekend for the kid. Watched all of it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I still think Bo Horvat is the better Captain going forward. If there is a minor criticism I had of Brock this weekend would be that he could stand to inject some personality into his interviews.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Can't believe this kid is a Canuck. He is breathing some life back into this franchise... Nice to have some luck come our way.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You had to included that last line don’t you

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Canucks rookie Brock Boeser faced excruciating hardship on...

This kid has so much character and so nice to see someone break through every personal barrier that has been put in front of him. I especially can relate to having your father diagnosed with Parkinson's at a younger age, 56, similar to Brock's Dad. It is not easy watching someone slowly lose what they can do on their own and strip their confidence away as person.

Pretty happy to have a new generation of players that at least make me forget how horribly managed this team is and cheer for. If Boeser/Horvat/Petterson continue their progression at least we all will have something to have, as fans of this team, going forward.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Remember how annoying it used to be watching the game with your girlfriend/wife and the camera would zoom in close on Wolf Eyes Pyatt and Baby Face Raymond?

Now Prince Charming is in town... and I'll be sitting on the couch drooling along with her. :popcorn:

Reactions: BrockBesnar

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Remember how annoying it used to be watching the game with your girlfriend/wife and the camera would zoom in close on Wolf Eyes Pyatt and Baby Face Raymond?

Now Prince Charming is in town... and I'll be sitting on the couch drooling along with her. :popcorn:

Are you considering the other team?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
thank god he was a winger or else Minnesota would've drafted him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad