Great Britain: British players abroad

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Isn't a prep school a fee-paying high school?

Not necessarily but I'm pretty sure this team comes with a price. It's a program or as they say, institution, put in place to prepare young hockey players for college hockey. For this specific team, you must have a high school diploma and while you play & train with them, you take courses through their institution.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Not necessarily but I'm pretty sure this team comes with a price. It's a program or as they say, institution, put in place to prepare young hockey players for college hockey. For this specific team, you must have a high school diploma and while you play & train with them, you take courses through their institution.

It's the same as the other Jr. A organisations in the USA then

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
It's the same as the other Jr. A organisations in the USA then

Ye no it isn't at all :laugh: What do you think Jr. A teams in USA are like?

Normal Jr. A teams aren't associated with a school, have mandatory classes, require players to have a high school diploma & maintain a certain GPA, or make it their main goal to place players in the NCAA.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Not gonna link it because I'm on my phone but Scott Conway committed to Penn State!

I meant to PM 99problems earlier this week that if he has a good camp and showing at the opening showcas e he could be committing before the season really starts haha

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Robert Farmer to Alaska Aces is official.

Brendan Perlini netted a goal and assist tonight (last night). Even though he likely won't play for GB, he's a good story and shows potential of GB kids. He's looking like he'll have a big season on a bad Niagara team which could help his draft stock and maybe TSN will run a story about him seeing as last year they did that Tony Hand piece.

Scott Conway will suit up for Indiana Ice Saturday for the first game of the season with them.

Liam Stewart will suit up for Spokane Friday for their season opener.

Jack Prince won't play with Univ. of Huntsville-Alabama until about October, hopefully they win some games this year & he becomes a bigger part of the offense.

Jackson Whistle likely won't play for GB and he's looking like he could get stuck as a backup tendy in Kelowna the poor kid. Keeps him off Canada's radar though and maybe if someone with GB's national teams keeps in contact with them like they were doing before, there could be potential there (more so than Brendan Perlini)

Brett Perlini is still completely unknown. I'm going to assume he's going to sign an ECHL deal after AHL camps. Not sure if he's even going to an AHL camp but I know nothing about AHL camps admittedly.

Sam Jones is at Okanagan Hockey Academy in Canada and he made the prep team. Do not quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that's the squad that has all the WHL draft picks. Doesn't mean anything but he's clearly playing at a higher level than he could back home (within his age group obviously)

There's a number of kids in EJHL, GMHL, WSHL which are all questionable Jr. A leagues but likely better than GB U18.

Still some prep school rosters to come out. Not all the Okanagan rosters are out yet, Ontario Hockey Academy usually has some kids as well (Both OHA, wtf lol) and Northwood prep is popular for GB kids.

Then in Europe you obviously have Ben O'Connor in Kazakhstan, Craig Peacock in Denmark, and Joseph Lewis in Germany.

Couple interesting GB abroad notes:
Adam Jones - Former Okanagan player who also spent a year with Banff Academy is playing Austria U20!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93354

Kyle Manning will be joining him there http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=172024

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
OP should be all edited and up to date, still waiting for confirmation on where Brett Perlini will play

keep an eye on AHL Training camp thread in the AHL section. I checked last years and he was at an AHL camp. Rosters haven't been fully released so he might be going and then goes to an ECHL team after that

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Just looked at Ben O'Connor's teams site and they won 10-2 haha I think he had 2 points and has 7 on the season if I understood it all correctly.

Peacock starts tonight, live stream he posted on twitter doesn't work in my country which kinda sucked because I figured I could get an hour into it.

Grizzly65x

Sep 12, 2010
Sam Jones is at Okanagan Hockey Academy in Canada and he made the prep team. Do not quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that's the squad that has all the WHL draft picks. Doesn't mean anything but he's clearly playing at a higher level than he could back home (within his age group obviously)

There's a number of kids in EJHL, GMHL, WSHL which are all questionable Jr. A leagues but likely better than GB U18.

Still some prep school rosters to come out. Not all the Okanagan rosters are out yet, Ontario Hockey Academy usually has some kids as well (Both OHA, wtf lol) and Northwood prep is popular for GB kids.

Then in Europe you obviously have Ben O'Connor in Kazakhstan, Craig Peacock in Denmark, and Joseph Lewis in Germany.

Couple interesting GB abroad notes:
Adam Jones - Former Okanagan player who also spent a year with Banff Academy is playing Austria U20!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93354

Kyle Manning will be joining him there http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=172024

Ref above
Kyle Manning no longer with With LA stars U20

Adam Jones and Sam Jones are brothers started with Telford Venom

Okanagan Academy Prep team is yet to be finalized but currently lists 10 whl draft picks. It will likely end with 9 with the tenth pick playing on the OHA second team.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
hfboards member Hedberg PM'd me to let me know that Brett Perlini is attending Chicago Wolves camp yaaaay

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I added Jackson Whistle to the OP, and also Patrick Russell finally turned up somewhere, he's playing ACHA at Cornell

There are also 2 guys at Ontario Hockey Academy, Alex Forbes again and a GB U18 from last year Jordan Crowe

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I added Jackson Whistle to the OP, and also Patrick Russell finally turned up somewhere, he's playing ACHA at Cornell

There are also 2 guys at Ontario Hockey Academy, Alex Forbes again and a GB U18 from last year Jordan Crowe

There could be more at Ontario Hockey Academy, not all the rosters are out yet.

I also expect 1 or two to be at Northwood Prep in Lake Placid. They typically have a GB player

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Scott Conway nets his first USHL goal in his 3rd game with Indiana, not for a lack of trying (11 shots now)

Brendan Perlini had 2 goals & 1 assist in a loss against Belleville tonight as well. That gives him 6 points in 3 games now.

Josh Cook scored his first of the season last night with Winkler giving him 2 points in 4 games.

Liam Stewart has 3 points in 3 games with Spokane so far and is definitely in a bigger role than his last two years.
Edit: Stewart was just named one of the Alternate Captains for Spokane and he managed an assist tonight giving him 4 points in 4 games.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Adam Grimmitt
1999-04-06
Goaler
5'9" 150lbs

2011-12
PeterboroughU14 South 2 - 16GP 1.05GAA .948Save%

2010-11
Peterborough U14 South 1 - 18GP 13.55GAA .763Save%
Peterborough U12 South 2 - 14GP 1.17GAA .949Save%

2009-10
Peterborough U14 South 1 - 5GP 4.60GAA .865Save%
Peterborough U12 South 2 - 14GP 2.75GAA .911Save%

2008-09
Peterborough U12 South 1 - 17GP 14.69GAA .734Save%

Looks like he came over in 2012-13, played for a Bantam AA team in Nova Scotia and then this year made the Major Bantam team. He's playing in the best league east of Quebec for kids his age. Looking at those stats he doesn't look like anything incredible but making that team in NS and starting the way he has on a not very strong team is impressive.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Brendan Perlini managed 3 points in Niagra's first win of the season tonight against North Bay. He's now up to 9 points in 5 games this season (he had 12PTS in 59GP last year).

Scott Conway managed an assist against the US U17 team in a 5-3 loss. That puts him at 4GP 1G 1A 2PTS +/- 0 with Indiana.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Brendan Perlini now has as many points as all of last season (12) but he did it in 7 games (52 less games than last season)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Some numbers finally out for O'Connor in Kazakhstan.

11GP 3G 11A 14PTS 4PIMS +/- +20

Tied for 7th in league scoring and the 4 forwards he's tied with have 1 more game played than him. Also 1st in the league in +/- by 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad