Proposal: Bring Seth Jones home

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
While I do think Seth Jones would be an awesome fit for Dallas, and see success there, I can’t imagine they’d pay Chicago that price. Hawks would probably gladly say yes.
This was my first thought as well.

My second thought was how everyone is going to jump on jones who really isn't as bad as people think.

That being said Jones didn't turn out to be the top notch NHLer that I thought he would be either.

The biggest problem with this trade is that the Blacks Hawks top 2 young defenders are defenders are LHD and the solution for Dallas is part of the problem for Chicago but I like Bourque and Lindell is very good too but might be for only 1 year but could fetch a 1st rounder next deadline.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
As a neutral fan, I like the premise but I think a 1st round pick should go in Chicago's direction, for the retention
The basis is good tho

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
There is a first going to Chicago

Didn't saw it lol

I'd do it if I were Chicago then, as a neutral fan

I value Cap Space quite a lot, and Chicago could weaponize this 7.5M for years to come
They could also try to sell Dadonov and Lindell for extra picks
The retention for 6 years would suck but that's not a whole lot, plus, most of those years are going to be during their rebuild

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Didn't saw it lol

I value Cap Space quite a lot, and Chicago could weaponize this 7.5M for years to come
The retention for 6 years would suck but that's not a whole lot, plus, most of those years are going to be during their rebuild
As a hawks fan I’d be ok with it

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
While I think Jones is better than the current perception that many have, with his salary and term, he's a gamble that I wouldn't be willing take. I fully acknowledge that he could be a massive steal for whomever acquires him, but I also believe the actual price to acquire him would be lower than the initial proposal, even with retention.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Seth Jones is overpaid, but he's not a bad player by any stretch. Top pair RHDs that can eat 25+ mins/night certainly don't grow on trees. I thought he should have been the Leafs' #1 target for years.

There are certainly benefits to the Hawks moving him, but they won't have cap issues for years and they would create a massive hole by doing so. With Bedard, their competition window will ramp up quickly and will be looking to get better, not worse sooner than later. Plus I can't see any team retaining on salary for more than 2 years.

Bourque is nice, but the Hawks are already starting to have a nice cupboard, especially with forwards. They probably want to add more quality NHL talent as soon as next season.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
While I do think Seth Jones would be an awesome fit for Dallas, and see success there, I can’t imagine they’d pay Chicago that price. Hawks would probably gladly say yes.
Just to play Devil's advocate on the price - the 1st round DP is probably about 25th OA, and the Hawks are retaining a total of $12M over the next 6 years. Don't know enough on Borque to estimate his value, but it would have to be pretty high for the deal to work from the Hawks perspective with the retention.

And on Jones - at $7.5M I think he'd be a great value for the Stars and fit in really nicely behind Heiskenen on the blueline.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Deep teams have the luxury of not rushing their top prospects. Find me the last 22 year old to produce like this in the A

Not having a spot in a team's top nine does not equal not being NHL ready

He can't force his way past the likes of Ty Dellandrea or Craig Smith on the depth chart? Mavrik Bourque is a good prospect. Literally every team has a Mavrik Bourque.

Brandon Pirri won the AHL scoring title at 21/22 for the Blackhawks. He amounted to nothing in the NHL.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
He can't force his way past the likes of Ty Dellandrea or Craig Smith on the depth chart? Mavrik Bourque is a good prospect. Literally every team has a Mavrik Bourque.

Brandon Pirri won the AHL scoring title at 21/22 for the Blackhawks. He amounted to nothing in the NHL.

Cool.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Don't think anybody's doing Chicago the favor of giving them multiple assets for Jones, even with $2M retained.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I really don't think someone making jokes about sexual assault should benefit from having their post deleted and removed from a thread. If anything, that post should have to stay up without the ability to be edited again to ensure people know the kind of person that makes jokes about sexual assault is forced to wear that.

Reactions: Malaka

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not as cool as claiming Bourque is a league-wide top prospect, but yeah still pretty cool I guess thanks.
All you're doing is repeatedly showing you have no idea how the Stars organization works.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Didn't saw it lol

$2m for the next 6 years is a hell of a lot better than $9.5m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad