Proposal: Bring in Filatov?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am in the camp that says Filly just isn't as good as advertised.

He didn't look that fast or have a great nose for the net in the limited time he got here...if he came over I don't think it would hurt but I really wouldn't be expecting anything out of him.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Provided I'm reading the KHL website correctly, Filly's team could be knocked out of the playoffs today.

Does that mean we can bring him up? At the very least, it would be a nice sign of faith to keep the guy feeling like he's still a part of this organization.

Also, can we please please please go out and get this guy? He's been ripping up the KHL for years now.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
This thread is never going to die.

:facepalm:

Not with awesome posts like this it won't. By the way, there's an ignore button on all the threads.

the-more-you-know-o.gif

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
Provided I'm reading the KHL website correctly, Filly's team could be knocked out of the playoffs today.

Does that mean we can bring him up? At the very least, it would be a nice sign of faith to keep the guy feeling like he's still a part of this organization.

No. The Sens would have to sign him first and he would have to have an out clause in his KHL contract that still has a year to go (or,I suppose the KHL could loan him to the Sens for the remainder of the season, but I have no clue what the CBA has to say about such a situation). He would not have to clear waivers if they do sign him, e.g. O'Reilly)

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
No. The Sens would have to sign him first and he would have to have an out clause in his KHL contract that still has a year to go (or,I suppose the KHL could loan him to the Sens for the remainder of the season, but I have no clue what the CBA has to say about such a situation). He would not have to clear waivers if they do sign him, e.g. O'Reilly)

Hey, there's an idea! Bring him back and hope someone claims him via waivers! That'll put a swift end to this ridiculous Filatov situation. If no one does, send him to Bingo and he will eff off to Russia again. No loss either way.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

For it to happen (as far as i know) is that filatov simply needs to accept his qualifying offer, and his KHL team needs to loan him, exactly like he won't loaned him last year.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
So you DON'T like the ignore button? :dunno:

Don't remember saying so.

I'd just like to know what this guy has done exactly to earn a spot on the roster over some guy like Dz, Zibanejad, etc.?

Anyways, I don't hold any faith in him like some others do. If he becomes a player, good. If he doesn't, I don't give a crap. He's not as special as people on here think he is. He's like every other random joe until he proves otherwise.

Last edited:

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
For it to happen (as far as i know) is that filatov simply needs to accept his qualifying offer, and his KHL team needs to loan him, exactly like he won't loaned him last year.

He has to sign a contract...does not have to necessarily be the QO. An NHL team can loan a player to a minor league (includes KHL) not too sure under what condition a KHL team can loan a player to an NHL team.

Quote:Zorf

Hey, there's an idea! Bring him back and hope someone claims him via waivers! That'll put a swift end to this ridiculous Filatov situation. If no one does, send him to Bingo and he will eff off to Russia again. No loss either way.

Like I wrote, Filatov would NOT have to go through waivers since he would be re-signing with his old team.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I really don't understand the hate for this kid around here. He wanted to play in his home country rather than the AHL. Silf did the exact same thing.

Why people say they'd be happy if he walks doesn't make any sense to me.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I really don't understand the hate for this kid around here. He wanted to play in his home country rather than the AHL. Silf did the exact same thing.

Why people say they'd be happy if he walks doesn't make any sense to me.

Agree and it was likely financial as some said before.

What bothers me is that it's been reported that he signed a 2 year KHL deal. He could have signed a 1 year deal in the KHL and talked to the Sens again about the RFA offer sheet he received once his KHL season was over. They could have worked a side loan deal like they did last year if he didn't make the team next season. Bryan is true to his word.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Agree and it was likely financial as some said before.

What bothers me is that it's been reported that he signed a 2 year KHL deal. He could have signed a 1 year deal in the KHL and talked to the Sens again about the RFA offer sheet he received once his KHL season was over. They could have worked a side loan deal like they did last year if he didn't make the team next season. Bryan is true to his word.

The term could just be a money thing. He really hasn't made much money in his career yet. I don't know if I'd be able to walk away from a guaranteed year of pay for a shot at making the NHL. Still, the term doesn't look good.

On a side note, his team won last night to tie the series 3:3.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Its all about money it was either Ian Mendes or Dean Brown that said Filatov needed full salary cause he has too support his family financially

he isnt a bad kid..can you image being 18 and your parents quit there jobs and you have too pay there bills and send them on vacations etc

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Salavat just sent Magnitogorsk to summer vacation. 2-0
Filatov with GWG in last game.
6 games. 4 points 2+2. 13:34 TOI

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Filatov scored series winning goal in game 7 today. His team won 2-0 (second goal was empty-netter).

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Well good for Filatov. I never thought he was given much of a chance to stick in the NHL. Once last years team got the hang of the new system he'd have looked much better, the whole team was shaky to start. Too bad he decided to head off to the KHL cause he'd certainly would have found his way on to the team by now and could have actually contributed.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He'd likely be struggling just like Z-bad and Silfverberg in terms of adjusting to the NHL.

Might as well use our own prospects rather than a rental.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I thought he looked good when he was here. I think there was some kind of personality clash. It reminds me a lot of Da Costa in that it just seems like for whatever reason he had a shorter leash than others.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: