Proposal: Bring in Filatov?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What do you think?
Without Spezza and Karlsson we can use some skill.
He is not exactly lighting it up in KHL though with 21 points in 46 games.
Just checked KHL website, his team has a game today and he is not playing even though he played 2 days ago. Maybe already on his way? :sarcasm:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
If he played anything like last time on the team, maybe he's been on our top line already, and nobody noticed.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Kaigorodov plays for Salavat too. He is also missing today's game and played 2 days ago so who knows? :sarcasm:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Maybe he can bring Bashkirov, Lyamin, Nikulin and Kaigorodov with him.

I know it was a joke and all, but it wouldn't hurt to bring over Lyamin. When he came to rookie camp he was either trying to get leverage in a contract dispute, or some small part of him wants to play in the NHL. Might as well find out.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
When the KHL season is over I expect them to contact him about it. Same goes to Mirnov, Lyamin etc. we need the bodies dammit. And this would be a good opportunity to get a look at Filatov if
Stone and Hoffman aren't ready.

Bring along Antipin as well. Get working that phone, Gonchar.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
lol, yeah let's bring in Filatov. That'll solve all the problems.

No one's saying this will sovle anything, rather its a good time to get a look at our prospects and young players. Filatov falls into that category and he did just have a decent albeit not spectacular season in the KHL. I'm sure the stability of stay with one team for an extended period for the first time since being drafted did some positive things for him.

Berserker*

No one's saying this will sovle anything, rather its a good time to get a look at our prospects and young players. Filatov falls into that category and he did just have a decent albeit not spectacular season in the KHL. I'm sure the stability of stay with one team for an extended period for the first time since being drafted did some positive things for him.

Isn't he signed for another year in the KHL? Can players just walk out on their contracts over there?

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Would love to see him here for the rest of the season. Why the hell not? We've seen MacLean and Co. bring out the best in lots of players over time. The organization traded for him, might as well try to actually get some value for the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad