Proposal: Bring in Filatov?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
You guys act so bad towards Filatov. You act as if he stepped on your cat after kicking your dog.

What harm is it bringing him over?

Condra is on the top line. Erik "make all the stamina jokes you want he still misses the net" freaking Condra.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You guys act so bad towards Filatov. You act as if he stepped on your cat after kicking your dog.

What harm is it bringing him over?

Condra is on the top line. Erik "make all the stamina jokes you want he still misses the net" freaking Condra.

Many Canadian fans will forever and always be butthurt about Russian players, no matter what. Its just the way it is. Most of these people can't openly bash gays or blacks in public anymore so it falls on the lazy, selfish Russians to bear their irrationally placed fears.

The **** I still hear about Gonchar in the stands at games is astounding. You'd be shocked how many like minded Don Brennan types still breath in this city.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I don't think it would hurt to give Filatov a shot now.

Many Canadian fans will forever and always be butthurt about Russian players, no matter what. Its just the way it is. Most of these people can't openly bash gays or blacks in public anymore so it falls on the lazy, selfish Russians to bear their irrationally placed fears.

The **** I still hear about Gonchar in the stands at games is astounding. You'd be shocked how many like minded Don Brennan types still breath in this city.

It's too bad that it has to be like that. I actually like Gonchar. Of course he's not going to be the same player as he was in his prime, but he's still a nice presence to have back there.

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON

Wouldnt touch Filatov with a 10 foot pole and it doesn't have a ******* thing to do with him being Russian. How many times do you have to see a guy "try" and fail before you realize it ain't happening.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Zibanejad
NHL 2011/12
9gp 0g 1a

Filatov
9gp 0g 1a

I guess Zibby failed too, get rid of him too

One was 18 years old, in his first year of North American pro hockey.

The other one was 22 years old, in his 4th year of North American pro hockey.

If you don't see the difference then I can't help you.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

He was 21 and if we want to go by first year numbers, Nik wins.

Its pretty silly to compare those two players though. They play a completely different game and is clearly more suited to the North American game.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Filatov scored a hattrick in his first NHL game
He is a top 6 talent and if Murray isn't considering the idea of bringing him over once his KHL season is done, then he isn't doing his job.

Filatov
WJC20: 20gp 13g 13a 26pts 1.30ppg
AHL: 90gp 32g 32a 64pts 0.71ppg
NHL: 53gp 6g 8a 14pts 0.26ppg

Zibanejad
WJC20: 6gp 4g 1a 5pts 0.83ppg
AHL: 24gp 4g 7a 11pts 0.46ppg
NHL: 18gp 1g 3a 4pts 0.22ppg

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It was about at this point in Semin's career when he returned to the NHL after going back to Russia after a stint in the NHL. Not saying we'll get even a fraction of the results but its just worth noting. Don't give up on a guy just because you hold a grudge.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Filatov scored a hattrick in his first NHL game
He is a top 6 talent and if Murray isn't considering the idea of bringing him over once his KHL season is done, then he isn't doing his job.

Filatov
WJC20: 20gp 13g 13a 26pts 1.30ppg
AHL: 90gp 32g 32a 64pts 0.71ppg
NHL: 53gp 6g 8a 14pts 0.26ppg

Zibanejad
WJC20: 6gp 4g 1a 5pts 0.83ppg
AHL: 24gp 4g 7a 11pts 0.46ppg
NHL: 18gp 1g 3a 4pts 0.22ppg

Your first comparison just made zero sense, that's why I posted that. Comparing an 18yo kid's numbers with zero experience in the league to a 21yo that had experience in the league already.

I never said Filatov didn't have any potential to be a player in this league, because he does. Difference between Zibanejad and Filatov is that it seems like Mika is willing to pay his dues and work in the AHL. Something Filatov has shown he doesn't want to do. So if he doesn't crack the top-6, he'll be leaving for the KHL yet again. Either way I don't care if he's here or not.

And it's way too early to be comparing Zibanejad's numbers to those of Filatov, anyway.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Let's not pretend here.

Filatov didn't do anything with his time here.

You can argue that he wasn't given enough time to showcase his abilities, but over the games he did play here, he did **** all.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Let's not pretend here.

Filatov didn't do anything with his time here.

You can argue that he wasn't given enough time to showcase his abilities, but over the games he did play here, he did **** all.

Dont you remember the time he almost scored on that wraparound??

I prefer Condra

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I think he was referring to the fact we have several bingo players called up right now and we would be able to send one back.

Yup you are correct. If Filatov truly wants to play in the NHL this season is his best chance to show he belongs with our current state of injuries.

He has the skills to be a top six player in this league and while I'm more for players who put their time in the AHL I can understand why he left to play in his home country.

Bingo has been playing good this season and if we can get an extra player over here who has the talent then why not.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yup you are correct. If Filatov truly wants to play in the NHL this season is his best chance to show he belongs with our current state of injuries.

He has the skills to be a top six player in this league and while I'm more for players who put their time in the AHL I can understand why he left to play in his home country.

Bingo has been playing good this season and if we can get an extra player over here who has the talent then why not.

I agree. Anderson needs to win the vezina and the stars need to align for this team to make the playoffs anyway, might as well give him another shot if they can get him over here

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
:laugh:

So Filly does a wraparound and he's a phenom? Dont get me wrong, the guy has hands, but it takes so much more than that to make it in the NHL, and that goal in particular is something just about any NHLer can pull off on a good day.

No one called him a phenom lol That was just a highlight of his work this year ....The point is he has hands and thats what we need on a team that is 80 percent grinders and AHL players

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
No one's saying this will sovle anything, rather its a good time to get a look at our prospects and young players. Filatov falls into that category and he did just have a decent albeit not spectacular season in the KHL. I'm sure the stability of stay with one team for an extended period for the first time since being drafted did some positive things for him.

No word of a lie, I'd rather wait for Hoffman and Stone to recover fully and give them a chance. I'd much rather see Cole Schneider right now, Pat Cannone, Shane Prince. In fact, that's a perfect comparison. Why bring back a bust like Filatov when you can give a silky smooth, skilled player like Prince a shot?

I don't get why you'd want anything to do with Filatov.

EDIT: What's really funny about this is that if Filatov had stayed in Bingo, he would have been in the NHL right now unless he had completely dogged it. Way to blow your chance of playing in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad