Proposal: Bring in Filatov?

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
SMFH...Not having Filatov is whats holding us back against the Pens?

It's not holding us back, but it would be nice to have another bullet in the gun. Not to mention NF is a damn fast skater.
Or maybe just to reconnect with him and give him a taste.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I do think it's important to remember that Filatov is still only 22. Did Ottawa qualify him? I mean Datsyuk didn't play his first game in North America until he was 23. This kind of stuff might be good for him especially since he has shown in the past that he really does want to play in the NHL. Maybe maturity will help.

We did qualify him but he's not under contract and not sure what the rules are, i kniw in the regular season it would have appeared as if he would have been subject to re-entry waivers a la O'Reilly or however you spell it. Not sure we could pull him in even if we wanted to which I doubt we do.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
We did qualify him but he's not under contract and not sure what the rules are, i kniw in the regular season it would have appeared as if he would have been subject to re-entry waivers a la O'Reilly or however you spell it. Not sure we could pull him in even if we wanted to which I doubt we do.
We would have had him on a reserve list of some sort (i.e. a did not report list). As such, we could have brought him back without him going through waivers. This assumes we did not relinquish his rights (which I don't recall hearing we did).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We would have had him on a reserve list of some sort (i.e. a did not report list). As such, we could have brought him back without him going through waivers. This assumes we did not relinquish his rights (which I don't recall hearing we did).

Yeah, my understanding is that as long as he would be signing for the team that already held his rights that he wouldn't have to go through waivers.

I hope we still held on to his rights. He might not be ready now, but the potential is still there, he's young and who knows what the future may hold. If he does mature and become that player that many thought he could be it would be nice to still have his rights if nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad