Bring Back ties! Habs lose 3-2 SO

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
the GM meeting is soon right? Think we can package MT and DD for a nice return? MT got us out of the basement and DD was once a 60 pt player :sarcasm:

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
For Christ Sake, Subban is the best defenseman on this team, offense, defense, the best player period. Who cares if it's pp or pk !!!!

If we want to manage him, fine. But when he doesn't play anywhere near enough, it's ridiculous...

Espescially in OT. ****king Therrien....

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
why put gallagher and galchenyuk in a defensive zone faceoff situation in OT... gallagher on the face off dot

why not Eller or Plekanec?

makes no sense at all

Saintpatrick*

8ztif.jpg

Can't say I'm not enjoying being proven right about everything since the Cole trade. Every move Bergevin's made has been bad. And Therrien is unravelling at about the pace I said he would.

Obviously this means jack all and I want the Habs to win but on this board being realistic and critical is sometimes akin to "hating" when in fact it's not at all. I love this team and I think it's mismanaged.

Look at what they're doing to Subban. Bouillon's icetime. Look at that stupid signing of Briere and DD. Look at how terrible Parros and Murray are.

Therien should be outta here before the season's over.

This team as been mismanaged for the last 20 years now this is nothing new. As long as they keep catering to the French media nothing will ever change. They won't hire the best GM or coach like other teams do. We all want to see this team win more than anything but these personnel decisions when it comes to management is just killing this team.

Habsland35

Aug 24, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
i think the highlight of the night for me was St.Pierre on the powerplay over plekanec and bournival...

not good enough to play a regular shift but good enough for the habs powerplay

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
there's no energy line, who fly around and toss the body.

white is the only forward, and it's like there is a choke chain around his neck.

pk needs to play more. he's healthy, a norris winner, and our best dman, in ALL situations. it's unacceptable to only play 20 minutes a night, and I hope he moves on if he's going to be treated this way.

in his condition, 26 min, 30 max, shouldn't be too much for him and should be encouraged to play his game. it looks like the coach put his flame out.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Da **** guys?

Intellectual dishonesty. There was only one powerplay, and some of those guys were probably on the ice right before the PP so they didn't play on it. A product of small sample size open to conjecture, nothing more.

Asides, the guy is on his first call-up with the Habs, the coach knew he wouldn't get himself in trouble with recklessness. He'd play it safe and play the clock. He did.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Diaz has way too many minutes. nothing wrong with using Markov so much but Subban and Markov are the two best D and should be the minute leaders.

Hitchcock is smart and played his 2 best D tons of mins in every situation. Therrien is too stupid to play his best D through every facet of the game.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
He also gets 2-3 extra minutes a night because he is so lethal on the pp no? We had one pp and therefore he ended up with less minutes. I am not saying that he is used correctly by Therrien, I am merely saying that his minutes were down due to less pp time.

Partly true according to how MT is using PK, it llustrates how slow MT is adapting strategic thinking in a game. After TV timeouts etc he missed the chance to ice PK. Also it seemed MT benched PK for long stretches late in the 3rd and in OT, that was not related to Habs' PP.

MT seems stubborn

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
I doubt Therrien finishes the year. When we will start losing those division matches he will get the booth.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Because the team has flaws. In this thread you've been whining and dining like the best of 'em so I don't really get your point.

I've critically and not-so-critically discussed Bergevin's moves, every single one, at length since last year. From the Price contract to how he handled Subban to the Cole deal all the way up to today. So far everything I laid on him has been right and I'm not happy about it.

He's an overrated GM and everyone is going to say "give him more time, he hasn't made his stamp yet" when in fact he inherited a great core and dunked it in wet dog turds. PK not being signed right now amps up so much pressure on our organization - what if the Flyers sign him to an offersheet and he bounces - what then? Oops, damn Bergevin was an idiot... oh well!

I want to see Subban on Team Canada, the reigning Norris trophy winner should not play ****ing 20 minutes a game against his direct competitors who played 30. **** this coach and **** his GM who is exactly the same as the old one. There was no change in culture, he kept the same sorry talentless captain and kept the same sorry, smurfy culture. Briere, DD, Bouillon... **** this "brain trust" **** them all.

Therrien SHOULD be but I'm not predicting it... I have an unblemished record of I-told-ya-sos to protect. :laugh:

It's the cherry picking that is just ridiculous. So many posters have been cherry picking. You've been wrong about Gio this season, you've been wrong about Price, you've been wrong about many things... everyone has, but your last few posts have brought nothing to the table. Just asking for recognition that you successfully predicted this team would suck under therrien and Bergy. What happens if the habs start bouncing back? gonna shut up and hop on a new hate train?

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
Because the team has flaws. In this thread you've been whining and dining like the best of 'em so I don't really get your point.

I've critically and not-so-critically discussed Bergevin's moves, every single one, at length since last year. From the Price contract to how he handled Subban to the Cole deal all the way up to today. So far everything I laid on him has been right and I'm not happy about it.

He's an overrated GM and everyone is going to say "give him more time, he hasn't made his stamp yet" when in fact he inherited a great core and dunked it in wet dog turds. PK not being signed right now amps up so much pressure on our organization - what if the Flyers sign him to an offersheet and he bounces - what then? Oops, damn Bergevin was an idiot... oh well!

I want to see Subban on Team Canada, the reigning Norris trophy winner should not play ****ing 20 minutes a game against his direct competitors who played 30. **** this coach and **** his GM who is exactly the same as the old one. There was no change in culture, he kept the same sorry talentless captain and kept the same sorry, smurfy culture. Briere, DD, Bouillon... **** this "brain trust" **** them all.

Therrien SHOULD be but I'm not predicting it... I have an unblemished record of I-told-ya-sos to protect. :laugh:

Okay, but Therrien should never have been hired.:cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad