Bridgeport Sound Tigers Rebranding for Next Season

Artie Fufkin

Jan 11, 2014
If the Islanders decided to move from Bridgeport to LI no one would stop them. I still dont think it would make sense to anyone other than long islanders who want to hold onto hockey at the Coliseum. Again, they didn't show up for a last place NHL team there and would not show up for what we've been served in Bridgeport the last 20 years.

When they move to Binghamton, they wouldn't need to change the logo or the uniforms. It's all part of the plan. :D

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
how has Bridgeport burned the market, PCS.....

can you name the last AHL Islanders affiliate other than Bridgeport, the last 21 seasons? that wasn't bought by another current NHL Franchise.....

hint New Jersey and CDS flipping the CD Islanders from RPI to Times Union Center in Albany.

Sigh.

This logo is part 2... or 1, however one rates that they’re renamed the Bridgeport Islanders while not being on an island. Not that I haven’t been to a Central Valley Rockies (Visalia, California) or Portland Rockies home game before.

Give it time... which is the whole gist of my point. Watch for acts small and large... you don’t set a tree on fire by just throwing a burning thing at it, you find various sources to burn various branches at various points and, eventually, the fire merges. Many small acts of sabotage are yet to be deployed.

Last edited:

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT
Sigh.

This logo is part 2... or 1, however one rates that they’re renamed the Bridgeport Islanders while not being on an island. Not that I haven’t been to a Central Valley Rockies (Visalia, California) or Portland Rockies home game before.

Give it time... which is the whole gist of my point. Watch for acts small and large... you don’t set a tree on fire by just throwing a burning thing at it, you find various sources to burn various branches at various points and, eventually, the fire merges. Many small acts of sabotage are yet to be deployed.
You make no sense. They are a business. There is no reason to sabotage or destroy the market or to be subliminal. If they want to move, they will. It's as simple as that. No one will stop them. I've given plenty of reasons why I think you shouldn't assume they would want to move to Nassau. The latest proposal from them involves turning the Coliseum into a concert venue. All my rational and logic is met with "ah, but they work in innuendo and subliminal messaging and lighting metaphorical trees on fire.". Please.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
This logo is part 2... or 1, however one rates that they’re renamed the Bridgeport Islanders while not being on an island.

This. People pick and choose when to be upset about team names.

Last time I checked, the Canadian Senate is not in Belleville and Belleville's only connection to anything Senate related is the affiliation with Ottawa. Yet, the Belleville Senators are fine.
Last time I checked, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has no connection to any zoology and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's only connection to anything Penguin related is the affiliation with Pittsburgh. Yet, the Wilkes- Barre/Sranton Penguins are fine.
Copy and paste the same thing with the Iowa Wild and Providence Bruins, as well as former teams Adirondack/Quad City/Saint John Flames, Lowell/Albany/Binghamton Devils, PEI/Binghamton Senators, Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, etc.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
This. People pick and choose when to be upset about team names.

Last time I checked, the Canadian Senate is not in Belleville and Belleville's only connection to anything Senate related is the affiliation with Ottawa. Yet, the Belleville Senators are fine.
Last time I checked, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has no connection to any zoology and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's only connection to anything Penguin related is the affiliation with Pittsburgh. Yet, the Wilkes- Barre/Sranton Penguins are fine.
Copy and paste the same thing with the Iowa Wild and Providence Bruins, as well as former teams Adirondack/Quad City/Saint John Flames, Lowell/Albany/Binghamton Devils, PEI/Binghamton Senators, Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, etc.

Did any of the teams you've mentioned change names after 20 years and not even have a change of affiliation?

Reactions: Captain Crash

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
You make no sense. They are a business. There is no reason to sabotage or destroy the market or to be subliminal. If they want to move, they will. It's as simple as that. No one will stop them. I've given plenty of reasons why I think you shouldn't assume they would want to move to Nassau. The latest proposal from them involves turning the Coliseum into a concert venue. All my rational and logic is met with "ah, but they work in innuendo and subliminal messaging and lighting metaphorical trees on fire.". Please.

It doesn’t have to be Nassau.

And what’s subliminal about changing the name? People are going to read stuff into this, and have every right to do so.

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT
It doesn’t have to be Nassau.

And what’s subliminal about changing the name? People are going to read stuff into this, and have every right to do so.
Where else in Long Island do you see them moving to if not Nassau? Feel free in infer what you want. I'm free to say the logic I've seen here and in other comment sections is half baked and doesn't make complete sense. Nobody has said anything to make me change my mind that this sabotage the market plan only makes sense in a comment section.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad