Bridgeport Sound Tigers Rebranding for Next Season

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This isn't an official announcement, but this could be Bridgeport's new logo:

It’s worse than I expected...

looks like they took a B from NHL Create A Team put it in a circle, and then put Islanders where they could fit it in. Also I can’t be the only one thinking the stick tape looks like an intentional “M”

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlantian

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
It’s worse than I expected...

looks like they took a B from NHL Create A Team put it in a circle, and then put Islanders where they could fit it in. Also I can’t be the only one thinking the stick tape looks like an intentional “M”
I thought the stick tape looks like a cropped NY from the NY Islanders logo... for some reason

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
This is all wrong...everyone in here..what is actually happening is they are dissolving the team and then the AHL is awarding them an expansion franchise and that's the reason for the new name.

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
This isn't an official announcement, but this could be Bridgeport's new logo:

:thumbd: Such a downgrade over Sound Tigers. This looks like a logo you'd see from some "Totally-Not-The-Islanders" team in a sports movie that wanted to be using the NHL but didn't want to pay the fee needed to license the teams out.

It's basically just a modernized Seattle Breakers logo with the word "Islanders" lazily slapped on. Could've used the Fisherman if you reaaaally wanted to push the Islanders theme.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
My immediate reaction to the new logo:

"Well, when we get to 20, tell me. I'm going to throw up." -Dr. Peter Venkman, "Ghostbusters"

Seriously, THAT's the best the B-Isles could do? They spend God knows how much on that logo that anyone could recreate in a few minutes on a decent graphics program? They should have demanded a refund.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The logo is SO BAD. Totally unnecessary rebranding. Name doesn't even make sense if they're staying in Bridgeport??
It's a great example of why having an AHL affiliate with the exact same identity doesn't always work and shouldn't always be necessary for an organization

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
I have no skin in this game but sheeeeeesh that is bad. B-ISLE is right. All that is missing is captain fishsticks. Are we sure this is not April 1st?

Reactions: Roadhog

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I have this dreaded feeling they're trying to devalue the brand, so that they have less resistance to move the team after a year or two. :(
2C1B0140-4B6B-44E3-90D0-E2991044180C.jpeg

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
That’s absolutely terrible. The Sound Tigers was such a unique name and they had one of the best logos in the league. Hell I even own a Sound Tigers jersey. Guess it’s a retro now. Just horrible all around.

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT
I have this dreaded feeling they're trying to devalue the brand, so that they have less resistance to move the team after a year or two. :(
They own the team. They can move once the lease is over. There is no need to devalue the brand. That makes no sense. What also makes no sense is to think that they paid to have trademark and copyright new name and logo for Bridgeport while they plan to leave in a year when the lease is up. If they planned on leaving they would just play one last season as a lame duck franchise and save the song and dance.

Reactions: CrazyEddie20

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
They own the team. They can move once the lease is over. There is no need to devalue the brand. That makes no sense. What also makes no sense is to think that they paid to have trademark and copyright new name and logo for Bridgeport while they plan to leave in a year when the lease is up. If they planned on leaving they would just play one last season as a lame duck franchise and save the song and dance.

Don’cha know that it’s easier to leave after you burn the market?

After all, there are owners who will vote against you if you haven’t put in the work for a few years to torch the thing.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

After all, there are owners who will vote against you if you haven’t put in the work for a few years to torch the thing.
how has Bridgeport burned the market, PCS.....

can you name the last AHL Islanders affiliate other than Bridgeport, the last 21 seasons? that wasn't bought by another current NHL Franchise.....

hint New Jersey and CDS flipping the CD Islanders from RPI to Times Union Center in Albany.

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT

If the Islanders decided to move from Bridgeport to LI no one would stop them. I still dont think it would make sense to anyone other than long islanders who want to hold onto hockey at the Coliseum. Again, they didn't show up for a last place NHL team there and would not show up for what we've been served in Bridgeport the last 20 years.

Reactions: Roadhog

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
If the Islanders decided to move from Bridgeport to LI no one would stop them. I still dont think it would make sense to anyone other than long islanders who want to hold onto hockey at the Coliseum. Again, they didn't show up for a last place NHL team there and would not show up for what we've been served in Bridgeport the last 20 years.

Not sure thats in their minds since the Islanders are getting a new building not that far from the old one...can't see a reason they would move their AHL into the old building. While it would keep them close...if the building was any good the Islanders would stay there and just make improvements to the existing building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad