Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Brett gallant to the blue jackets 2 way deal. 2 year contract
That stinks !!!!!!!
Great for him to get 2 years. Keep on rockin it brett.

Last edited:

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Brett gallant to the blue jackets 2 way deal. 2 year contract
That stinks !!!!!!!
Great for him to get 2 years. Keep on rockin it brett.

Craps, I wanted Gallant back. Not a great player but decent and can really dish out the revenge when needed.
It's the AHL, who will take care of the rough stuff for the kids, Petrov :sarcasm:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I'm hoping he contributes more offense than Gallant.

No-one will have better dukes than Gallant. Just an excellent fighter for his size. Loved having him in the orga.

But now Johnston is up to bat. He'll have to provide that stuff.

I suspect that Snow truly feels this guy could be a Matt Martin. He'll get plenty of development and opportunity on the farm, but we shouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the ECHL as well.

Still, great size and looks like he has more than just fists. Could be a player in two years.

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
Johnston isn't the fighter that Gallant is however. Not even sure that matters but it's of note.

I think Johnston will help out the Bridge though. He has a decent offensive touch for a player in his role.

Unfortunately no one is. But before he got hurt, Johnston was tremendously feared as one of the top 3 fighters in the Q. His low fight totals clearly reflect the fact that not many people wanted to fight him.

I watched him play a few games at the end of the season with the Bridge and Thompson had him on the first line and on the powerplay. With his size, if we can stick him in front of the net as an immovable object, I'm ok with that.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
No-one will have better dukes than Gallant. Just an excellent fighter for his size. Loved having him in the orga.

But now Johnston is up to bat. He'll have to provide that stuff.

I suspect that Snow truly feels this guy could be a Matt Martin. He'll get plenty of development and opportunity on the farm, but we shouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the ECHL as well.

Still, great size and looks like he has more than just fists. Could be a player in two years.

^ This. Gallant is not a slug as far as getting around the rink, but no one was better at handling the part of the game that keeps things honest or pays back for taking liberties.

Johnston is huge and willing, Gallant was a finisher.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Why did they not bring back CJ Motte? I really thought it would be him and Williams sharing the net this year.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Why did they not bring back CJ Motte? I really thought it would be him and Williams sharing the net this year.

I think in situations like this, the fact is that the team would have liked him to simply sign an AHL deal with Bridgeport. He and his agent may have felt that was too little.

Considering Williams is the guy they clearly want to go with and Poulin is technically still in the picture, and that the team will have to make contract decisions on Soderstrom and Sorokin as soon as next summer, I can understand Snow 'n co. not wanting to give Motte one of the 50 contracts.

I can also understand Motte wanting a two-way NHL deal, which I believe he now got.

Now, who exactly ends up backing up or splitting duties with Williams in da Port next season (Milner is still in the picture, I believe) is anyone's guess right now.

We did hear from Staple that Snow had been talking to Koskinen again before the draft. I suspect they had hoped he'd come back to be the back-up in Brooklyn and wanted to clarify that before the UFA period. He's still Islander property and can be used as a trading chip much like Nilsson was. I suspect there are a few teams who feel he still has good NHL possibilities. His KHL play has been pretty much excellent.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
would love to see Koskinen at least come over again. if him and Petrov can suddenly become players for us, it will be a huge boost.

p.s. i see that Motte has signed with Rochester, but no mention of a two-way contract. i guess they still have faith in Poulin? a knee injury is hard to recover from, especially a goalie, and i hope that Kevin is ready to pick up where he left off.

Last edited:

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010

I think this is good news. I like Halmo, and think he may have 4th line potential as early as this season. I also like Czuchman. I thought he played fairly well when he was up two seasons ago. I know he wasn't ready, but he didn't look too out of place. Our future D is looking pretty crowded, though. I am guessing that a guy like Czuchman will eventually fall to the wayside, but stranger things have happened.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I don't know anything about Leblanc...apparently he's not physical....is he a scorer?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't know anything about Leblanc...apparently he's not physical....is he a scorer?

He was supposed to be.

Now he's just an AHLer who has a few flashes of brilliance now and again.

He's got hands and does have his moments.

All this said, after a pretty good CHL year with a nice WJC, then a very decent pro debut, he's kind of fallen off the planet in the Habs organization. As an AHL pro, his +/- has been pretty bad too.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He was supposed to be.

Now he's just an AHLer who has a few flashes of brilliance now and again.

He's got hands and does have his moments.

All this said, after a pretty good CHL year with a nice WJC, then a very decent pro debut, he's kind of fallen off the planet in the Habs organization. As an AHL pro, his +/- has been pretty bad too.

Here's his draft video, so much promise back then. A local kid drafted by Montreal in Montreal.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Bridgeport Sound Tigers @ Syracuse Crunch - 02/06/2015

Reinhart played that game with a lot of bite. He has it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad