Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
sounds like a solid game. good to see. we do have a very young D core in BP, so i was sort of expecting a rough year. saw that Simpson was in net. 32 saves on 33 shots. good to see.

really gotta say that i'm intrigued by playing Reinhart on RD. with Boychuk, Hammer, Mayfield and Pulock already on RD, i am a tad bit confused. the only think i can think, is that they expect/want him to be very versatile. learn both sides, which is very valuable on the PP, as well as when injuries pop up.

Cairnsy? any explanation?
I don't see Reinhart being on the PP at the NHL level.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I don't see Reinhart being on the PP at the NHL level.

he has played on the PP before, so it isn't a ridiculous notion. why not push him to be the best he can be?

i see no negatives in trying to get him to be better in all situations.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
game half over and BP up 4-1 over Binghamton. Reinhart with 1 g, and +3. Pulock quiet. Quine and Church having good games.

oh, make that 5-1.. Ness from Jefferey (3 points) and Vaughn

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007

Mod Note: only the text after the = sign goes between the YouTube Brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK
Some tweets from Corey Pronman who attended yesterday's BST game

Pk pairings Bridgeport using exclusively are Ness-Reinhart and Pelech-Mayfield.

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/581595926738968576

The Big Griff looked pretty solid. Mobile, physical, moved puck fine, got up into the attack, make D plays. Not off standout, but some skill

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/581643495120732161

Pulock pretty good offensively. Aggressive in the attack, elite shot, good IQ. Defensive play had good flashes but still needs work there.

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/581643801766309888

Pelech and Mayfield quality as well esp Mayfield before a fight cut his ice time. NYI have 4 real D prospects there.

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/581644246215761920

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I really think Mayfield and Pelech are underrated because of Pulock and Reinhart. I think all 4 of them have top 4 potential.

I think there are two things that are intriguing about Mayfield, his right handed shot and his toughness. He is unique D prospect in that regard vs our other D prospects.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
As we all enjoy the development of our drafted players, it gives us electricians, plumbers,
Carpenters, stock brokers , bankers, lawyers, great pride when they achieve success.
We want each one to make the NHL like Travis Hamonic. I like that Griff,Pulock,mayfield,pelech
Are on the D line. This is where they belong ready for hopefully the next step. Ness will be
a lifetime Tiger and probably coach them one day.Louis and Carkner are what they are and bring what they bring. My point finally is where does Kevin Czuczman fit in here? I will not pretend to know every move these guys make. When we signed him at the end of last year he got a dozen or so games on Long Island. Probably the reason he signed with us. He is a little older than the ones we have drafted and are counting on to move up to the big leagues in the coming seasons. I personally don't feel he was
Bad. Ok very bad. I know he has been moved around from Stockton ,Florida , and the Tigers.
Does he have a future with the isles or not? Has he regressed? Peaked? I was excited by the signing and thought he would be Another BIG d-man moving forward. Thanks for your responses.

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Can anyone tell me if Dl Colle is eligable next season to play in the AHL?

I would assume he will probably spend one more season down there before coming to the big club?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Can anyone tell me if Dl Colle is eligable next season to play in the AHL?

I would assume he will probably spend one more season down there before coming to the big club?

It's NHL or OHL for Dal Colle next season. With the way the Isles handle their kids, he'll be back in Oshawa for one last season.

We should get a good look at him at the WJC this time around.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
From what I have read and based on the stats Collberg is a lost cause. Chalk it up to another horrible trade by Snow.

I'm not expecting much from Collberg - I see him as a Jeff Tambellini 2.0 slowed down by injuries. That being said, I'll take a bad trade like Collberg; the fiasco ended with us getting Boychuk and Leddy - two great trades.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I'm not expecting much from Collberg - I see him as a Jeff Tambellini 2.0 slowed down by injuries. That being said, I'll take a bad trade like Collberg; the fiasco ended with us getting Boychuk and Leddy - two great trades.

Splitting hairs here but in the time Collberg has been healthy he was willing to go to the dirty areas and that in and of itself was the reason Tambo was never a good NHL`r.
I am trying to hold back my visuals of Collberg just because he can`t stay healthy, I see some skill there but he has yet to get into any kind of rhythm.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Splitting hairs here but in the time Collberg has been healthy he was willing to go to the dirty areas and that in and of itself was the reason Tambo was never a good NHL`r.
I am trying to hold back my visuals of Collberg just because he can`t stay healthy, I see some skill there but he has yet to get into any kind of rhythm.

Yeah - I really could have used a better example. :laugh:....I'm not sure I have too much faith in an NHL career for him, but two traits I actually do like with the guy were his one-timer and play that isn't fully perimeter.

He may simply require extra development time in the AHL before getting to a level where he'll stick on what is already a pretty loaded roster, considering that we're already seeing Michael Grabner sit in favor of Tyler Kennedy.......which I still think could be related to injury/recovery. There's also Grabovski to think of.

Regarding the trade itself, that deadline was messier than others, I'd say. Anaheim was rumored to be offering Emerson Etem and a pick (I think) while Vancouver was holding them up, as they wanted a player they eventually got anyway in Ryan Kesler.

I have no beef with Collberg - I actually hope he heals up and improves enough to get a call up and take advantage of the opportunity, but with depth beyond depth at forward, I'm unsure if he wouldn't wind up in Europe before getting an opportunity on the Island.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
It's NHL or OHL for Dal Colle next season. With the way the Isles handle their kids, he'll be back in Oshawa for one last season.

We should get a good look at him at the WJC this time around.

I saw the opening playoff game and DalColle looks like a pro hockey player. I love his game, his brain for the game anyway. I don't think he's close to NHL level yet though. I think he needs to greatly improve his strength and foot speed/quickness and his shot needs to get quicker (release and power). He's still a kid and it shows.

In 2-3 years though, this guy has a chance to be a pretty good NHLer!

Sneekypete! You're like an AHL scout around here, you should post more. I'd be willing to give Collberg another year or two in the AHL and see how his game develops. No rush. There's not exactly room on the wing in the NHL, may as well wait and see. Best case scenario is to not rely on a prospect - rather, be forced to make room for him!

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I saw the opening playoff game and DalColle looks like a pro hockey player. I love his game, his brain for the game anyway. I don't think he's close to NHL level yet though. I think he needs to greatly improve his strength and foot speed/quickness and his shot needs to get quicker (release and power). He's still a kid and it shows.

In 2-3 years though, this guy has a chance to be a pretty good NHLer!

Sneekypete! You're like an AHL scout around here, you should post more. I'd be willing to give Collberg another year or two in the AHL and see how his game develops. No rush. There's not exactly room on the wing in the NHL, may as well wait and see. Best case scenario is to not rely on a prospect - rather, be forced to make room for him!

Thanks , I appreciate it but I am not going to any more games this year unless they bring in a couple of college FA`s I am interested to see or if a prospect I like comes to town.
Canes I feel like if Collberg finds his game he could be the bigger version of David Desharnis, did I really just call Collberg bigger than someone else. That's pretty funny but what Collberg does need to do is put on some muscle, you can see he is crafty but in many cases being crafty also makes you a target for some booming hits, which he leaves himself open for.
The funny thing is Collberg has the tools but I am not sure if he will put it together over here unless he can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad