Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.

Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Peter Budaj would be a lateral move at best from Nabokov.

Here's where you post his numbers this year as a backup, without looking at the times he attempted being a starter in this league.

7 years younger and much better at this point. Could easily get 4-5 years out of him as a starter.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
How about Nilsson and another prospect for Budaj ? He's better than any goalie we have.

i would gamble on Budaj. he's hasn't had success as the go-to guy, but has been big in the backup role. i would gamble a mid round pick on him, 3rd at best. B prospect, maybe. nothing much. i would fell better with him between the pipes, than Poulin or Nilsson.

there is a chance that we catch lightning in a bottle, with him and Nabby sharing the load. time is running out though. luckily, we are in a weak division...

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
That's all subjective.... but I have the feeling that if Peter Budaj is our starting goaltender for the next five years, this team isn't going to be a heck of a lot better if at all.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i don't believe that Budaj is a long term solution, by any means. he is signed through next year, at $1.4, so it wouldn't be a long term commitment.

trading for Budaj is a very Snowish move, IMO. low risk. cheap. especially if he can get MTL to pay for 90% of Budaj's salary this year... ;)

scott99

May 13, 2005
Tigers shut out Hartford 3-0, Nilsson, 33 saves, goals by Halmo,Bouchard and Lee.

Lee having a nice season, as is Halmo. Cut Regin and bring up Lee ? Nice to see Nilsson get the shutout. It's always wonderful to beat the Rangers and have the baby Islanders beat the baby Rangers on the SAME night !

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone know what the deal with Pedan is? I thought he was considered day to day, but it's been a couple of months now.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ok its been a couple months now I will weigh in on Halmo, I had described him earlier as a poor mans Michael Haley but upon getting to see a lot more of him and him getting boatload more ice time, I notice he isn't often out of position even when throwing a hit, his shot is average , he goes hard to the net and works the corners pretty well. He sticks up for teammates and skates better than advertised. I think the res of this season and next year will show us what he offers. All in all I think at this point he can top out at Clutterbuck or bottom out at Haley

That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
That's good news about Halmo. He had a really good last Junior season and he made a name for himself when he destroyed Yakupov. I'd be happy with a Haley type, he's still worshipped by some around here.

Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Haley may be the toughest middleweight fighter I have ever seen. I can see Halmo being the next Boyd Kane for people that don't know who he is , he banged around the AHL forever and was captain of almost every one. Halmo has leader qualities and we will see how he uses them in the future

With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
With CMac's contract up after this year could you see Halmo taking his spot on the 4th line? Or is CMac worth re-signing as he would be a better option then Halmo(though Halmo would be cheaper and with Wanger and Snowjob that has to be considered).

CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
CMac has another year to go, but Halmo needs to continue to improve in order to make the NHL
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Halmo's game needs to continue to develop but he is definitely trending 4th line NHL grinder/agitator with some finishing ability.
He is a smallish guy who plays much bigger than his size, just the kind of pit bull that tends to get under the skin of better players that line up against them. He is Mike Peca like as far as throwing the body, and if given the chance he can score. Opponents should not think that they can intimidate him or beat him up, he is pretty willing and handy with the dukes. It might be some real fun watching Halmo paired with Zeek and MM buzz and bang.

I guess CMac should start looking over his shoulder next training camp. We want to be a hard team to play against, Halmo could be a nice addition to up that factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad