Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
amazing to see what stromer has done in the last 2 weeks. he was toiling around 10 in scoring for most of the year and then BOOM, leads the league by 3 points. nuts.

Anyone know how he's doing on faceoffs?

to me, lee-strome-nelson makes an infinitely better 3rd line than what we have now...

if he's at least at 10% winning, then he'll probably be our best faceoff man when he gets called up. good grief we stink at faceoffs.

Seriously though anyone have his faceoff %?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
amazing to see what stromer has done in the last 2 weeks. he was toiling around 10 in scoring for most of the year and then BOOM, leads the league by 3 points. nuts.

Anyone know how he's doing on faceoffs?

to me, lee-strome-nelson makes an infinitely better 3rd line than what we have now...

Lost in the admiration for Strome's performance is that Anders Lee is now FOURTH in rooking scoring in the AHL. Not bad at all . . .

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Lost in the admiration for Strome's performance is that Anders Lee is now FOURTH in rooking scoring in the AHL. Not bad at all . . .

niiiice.

question for those who watch BP. is Lee this good, or do you think that Strome has the ability to make those around him, better?

either way this is great.

i admit that i originally believed that Strome would better be suited to JT's RW. but, if RS can elevate those around him, 2nd line C might be best.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005

Let's face it, though, Strome is the straw that stirs that drink. The idea that Strome needs Lee or Halmo (!!!) to have success in the NHL is kind of funny. It's true he needs to play with guys who drive to the net, but Nelson or Clutterbuck could do just as well or better than Lee at this point.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Strome has now dominated the AHL for 3 weeks. Is he ready for a call up, without a doubt. If and when he does get called up, I would like to see him play with a protector of sorts, he still leaves himself open for big hits. The NHL is much faster and hopefully he transitions nicely.
I don`t see him in Bport much longer, not because he is or isn't ready but because he is better than options already on the Icelanders.
In the mean time they need to play Nelson more or send him to Bport, Crapuano is really screwing him over with play and ice time.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Bridgeport is playing right now at home vs Albany, game started at 11 AM.
Sundstrom is centering the line with Lee and Halmo

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Bridgeport is playing right now at home vs Albany, game started at 11 AM.
Sundstrom is centering the line with Lee and Halmo

11am.....? My buddy is the Devils goalie. Hoping for a 1-0 BST win. Lee with the goal on a blown defensive coverage.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
11am.....? My buddy is the Devils goalie. Hoping for a 1-0 BST win. Lee with the goal on a blown defensive coverage.

devils are already leading 3-0.

edit: for some reason hockeystreams isn't showing. Seriously...never again, that service really sucks.

_illicit_

Nov 30, 2005
FL
devils are already leading 3-0.

edit: for some reason hockeystreams isn't showing. Seriously...never again, that service really sucks.

It has been great for me so far. I would imagine if they aren't streaming the game, it is because it is not televised. Not much they can do about that.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Strome was to Bridgeport, what JT is to the Isles. Losing your 'Franchise' is going to hurt you big.

does anyone think it might be a good idea to trade for a C for bridgeport? i dont want this call up to hurt lee's production/confidence.....although i suppose they can slot PMB at C if he clears (a position he has played in the past)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
does anyone think it might be a good idea to trade for a C for bridgeport? i dont want this call up to hurt lee's production/confidence.....although i suppose they can slot PMB at C if he clears (a position he has played in the past)

soon enough Regin will be there...

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
I hope Bridgeport doesn't completely fall apart now that Strome's gone because we have a lot of talented prospects down there that don't need a shattered confidence. Hopefully Bouchard can slot into the 1st line and keep getting Lee points so he can replace Regin.

Also Mike Halmo seems to me like he can play a role in the NHL, maybe a Colin McDonald replacement eventually? I really wish we had a "pest" on our 4th line someone who can get under the oppositions skin to draw penalties, hit, while also chipping in offensively like a Chris Neal, Antoine Roussel, and even though I hate to say it like a Sean Avery. Halmo from what I've read seems to fit that bill so I hope we can hold onto him and see him in an Islanders uniform

scott99

May 13, 2005
Anders Lee gives it another go....

I love his passion, and that he will stick up for his teammates, but c'mon man (sorry ESPN), stick to playing hockey, as a fighter, he is a punching bag. Must go to the same boxing gym as Loic Leduc.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I love his passion, and that he will stick up for his teammates, but c'mon man (sorry ESPN), stick to playing hockey, as a fighter, he is a punching bag. Must go to the same boxing gym as Loic Leduc.

He was caught off balance before he even knew he was in a fight; got to give him another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad