Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2023-24: Youngblood

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
He was at rookie camp so I think he might be

Exactly.

For whatever reason, this team decides to spread out the news. Have absoluely zero clue what the reasoning was behind not announcing Wotherspoon's resigning sooner.

And thus, I have little doubt that Terry and MacLean are both part of the plan in BPort.

However, I kind of thought MacLean might be given an ELC.

Reactions: Glorydays22

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
What's the scoop on Daylan Kuefler?

No scoop yet.

We haven't heard a single thing bout him from any of the NYI writers.

Some took some quotes from Maggio, the other overager the Isles drafted this summer, but there's been no word on Kuefler.

It does seem pretty interesting that both players not only attended the main camp, but have now been sent to Bridgeport. Both looked like kids who'd spend the whole year with their junior teams and then head to BPort on an ATO before they'd - as overage draftees - need to be signed or added next summer.

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
No scoop yet.

We haven't heard a single thing bout him from any of the NYI writers.

Some took some quotes from Maggio, the other overager the Isles drafted this summer, but there's been no word on Kuefler.

It does seem pretty interesting that both players not only attended the main camp, but have now been sent to Bridgeport. Both looked like kids who'd spend the whole year with their junior teams and then head to BPort on an ATO before they'd - as overage draftees - need to be signed or added next summer.
Definitely a strange choice, especially for it to not just be one but both. Bridgeport is getting a lot younger and more skilled

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Definitely a strange choice, especially for it to not just be one but both. Bridgeport is getting a lot younger and more skilled

I must say though that as much as I was surprised that they were sent to Bridgeport as opposed to their junior clubs, I do not see them playing in Bridgeport this winter. I just think they're there to learn some stuff and get a taste of things.

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
I must say though that as much as I was surprised that they were sent to Bridgeport as opposed to their junior clubs, I do not see them playing in Bridgeport this winter. I just think they're there to learn some stuff and get a taste of things.
As in they'll still be sent back to juniors just not yet? Or like down to ECHL?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
As in they'll still be sent back to juniors just not yet? Or like down to ECHL?

Oh, I think they'll be back in junior, much like Coskey and Bibeau a few years ago when they were drafted as overagers.

We shouldn't then be surprised to see them each sign AHL contracts for next season as opposed to an ELC.

Reactions: rkatec68

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
Oh, I think they'll be back in junior, much like Coskey and Bibeau a few years ago when they were drafted as overagers.

We shouldn't then be surprised to see them each sign AHL contracts for next season as opposed to an ELC.
That's what I was thinking originally, a bit of an extended pro camp for them. I guess I got confused by Lennox being sent back as well but that could just be due to # of goalies.

Bridgeport roster ahead of today's preseason game vs Hartford

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That's what I was thinking originally, a bit of an extended pro camp for them. I guess I got confused by Lennox being sent back as well but that could just be due to # of goalies.

Mike Cornell 🥊🥊

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

ANOTHER Noah D. on defense? Can we strike lightning twice?

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
PPGs by Dufour, Kuefler, and Ishkakov in Bridgeport's first period of preseason hockey. Let's frickin go boys

SI

Feb 16, 2013
What would the top 9 be at Bport -

Holmstrom - Raty - Dufour
Ishkahov - Koivula - Terry
Durandeau - Andreoff - Fasching

Or do they move Terry with Raty and Dufour with Koivula? or does Ishkahov play C and Andreoff moves W?

With
Maclean - Kubiak - Bardreau as choice 1 for the 4th line
Jenkins/Adams - Newkirk - Lambert/Brown as choice 2

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Or do they move Terry with Raty and Dufour with Koivula? or does Ishkahov play C and Andreoff moves W?

With

Lots of options.

I'd personally be surprised if Dufour is given 1st line minutes at this juncture. I expect him to be sheltered a bit while Iskhakov and Raty are tested more intensively.

Of course, for their development and professional careers, the likes of Newkirk, Adams, and Jenkins should really, really, really be forcing their way past the Kubiaks and Bardreaus of the world.

Reactions: duster19 and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

With
Terry is the only one in Bridgeport who will score 30 goals.

Eventually he has to be in a position to get a lot of ice time. The B-Isles are still trying to win games.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Lots of options.

I'd personally be surprised if Dufour is given 1st line minutes at this juncture. I expect him to be sheltered a bit while Iskhakov and Raty are tested more intensively.

Of course, for their development and professional careers, the likes of Newkirk, Adams, and Jenkins should really, really, really be forcing their way past the Kubiaks and Bardreaus of the world.
News that Adams and Newkirk are headed for the ECHL.

I do wonder about Iskhakov and playing C at this level.
IMO, I would do -
1- Holmstrom - Raty - Terry
2- Iskhakov - Koivula - Dufour
3- Durandeau - Andreoff - Fasching

*4- Maclean - Kubiak - Lambert
*5- Jenkins - Bardreau - Brown

*- Rotate lines 4 and 5, but the top 9 always plays

D pairings -
Wotherspoon - Hutton
Bolduc - LaDue
Cholowski - Helgeson
Sevigny - Mackinnon

G -
Skarek and Schneider/Appleby

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
News that Adams and Newkirk are headed for the ECHL.

Starting to get lost in the numbers game.

It's Year 3 of Jenkins' contract, and he had 13 points in 50 games last season. It's time for him to take another step. That'll be up to him to make that happen.

D pairings -
Wotherspoon - Hutton
Bolduc - LaDue
Cholowski - Helgeson
Sevigny - Mackinnon

For my part, I want to see Cholowski getting lots of ice time. He signed a 2-year contract and there's more than enough in his tool set to be every bit as good as Salo.

As for Sevigny, I don't see him getting in as long as the other guys are healthy. Hope he gets some ice time somewhere.

By the way, where's Cosgrove in this equation? He's not listed with Worcester just now.

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
BTW, for those interested, here are last year's stats for our contracted players who played for the ECHL affiliate in Worcester:
1665479235767.png

1665479255740.png

1665479274572.png

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Starting to get lost in the numbers game.

It's Year 3 of Jenkins' contract, and he had 13 points in 50 games last season. It's time for him to take another step. That'll be up to him to make that happen.

For my part, I want to see Cholowski getting lots of ice time. He signed a 2-year contract and there's more than enough in his tool set to be every bit as good as Salo.

As for Sevigny, I don't see him getting in as long as the other guys are healthy. Hope he gets some ice time.

By the way, where's Cosgrove in this equation? He's not listed with Worcester just now.
My guess would be out of that group Cholowski is probably QB the PP1. At EV I can see them rotating fairly evenly. Wotherspoon and Hutton as the shutdown pair.

It will be interesting year for Bolduc.

Cosgrove my guess probably starts in ECHL- just too many.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
My guess would be out of that group Cholowski is probably QB the PP1. At EV I can see them rotating fairly evenly. Wotherspoon and Hutton as the shutdown pair.

It will be interesting year for Bolduc.

Cosgrove my guess probably starts in ECHL- just too many.
Has Bolduc been participating in Bridgeport's camp? Lou mentioned at the end of his media availability yesterday that Bolduc is injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad