Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2023-24: Youngblood

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I'd love to see this team add the still unsigned Dennis Cholowski to a two-way contract with the intent of having him kick things off on the farm.
I'd love to see myself driving a Porsche 911 Turbo. See if you can make that happen too, please. ;)

Reactions: Mike C

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
My goodness...
1661278748850.png

A wish has been fulfilled...
1661278791793.png

With the signings today, we wrapped up one of the final two RFAs this summer (Durandeau).

That leaves only Parker Wotherspoon.

Or should we consider this a sign that he'll likely not be re-upped?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I guess we can also say Weekes UNDERSHOT by three transactions? :laugh:

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not that it matters much but I just don’t get what Lou, Chris L, Thommer see in Paul LaDue other than some prior NHL experience. I thought he was dreadful up in the NHL (as was Andy Andreoff), and was really disappointed he got time down the stretch in BOT over Samuel Bolduc.

Like I said, it doesn’t matter much because if we need LaDue on the Island we’re f***ed.

The last guy I’d want to see on the Island is Seth Helgeson. The second to last guy I’d want to see is Paul LaDue.

Reactions: The Real JT

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Not that it matters much but I just don’t get what Lou, Chris L, Thommer see in Paul LaDue other than some prior NHL experience. I thought he was dreadful up in the NHL (as was Andy Andreoff), and was really disappointed he got time down the stretch in BOT over Samuel Bolduc.

Like I said, it doesn’t matter much because if we need LaDue on the Island we’re f***ed.

The last guy I’d want to see on the Island is Seth Helgeson. The second to last guy I’d want to see is Paul LaDue.

I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing I can imagine here is that they liked some extracurricular things about him in the AHL locker room and, well, he's a righty shot they're comfortable with on the farm.

I'd find it sad if Wotherspoon heads on to another franchise while we hold onto LaDue. That's not a trade I'd like to make, even for the baby Isles.

But what do I know?...

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing I can imagine here is that they liked some extracurricular things about him in the AHL locker room and, well, he's a righty shot they're comfortable with on the farm.

I'd find it sad if Wotherspoon heads on to another franchise while we hold onto LaDue. That's not a trade I'd like to make, even for the baby Isles.

But what do I know?...
The extracurriculars are what Helgeson and Wotherspoon bring to the blue line and the room. I actually think Wotherspoon could replace Helgeson as team captain if he was willing to return on an AHL contract.

I can’t imagine the B-Isles are going to bring Seth Helgeson back again this year.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
My goodness...
View attachment 579044

A wish has been fulfilled...
View attachment 579046

With the signings today, we wrapped up one of the final two RFAs this summer (Durandeau).

That leaves only Parker Wotherspoon.

Or should we consider this a sign that he'll likely not be re-upped?
He’ll resign. As an RFA he doesn’t have a ton of options - he simply needs to accept QO. He is probably negotiating his two way contract. He’ll be at camp.

He is a dark horse to win a job as the 7th guy. Cholowski and Aho aren’t locks. And if Salo needs more time Parker has a chance

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Herlyn

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Chris Terry will be back, likely on an AHL deal only.

Starting to get crowded up there, but this seems to indicate that there'll prolly be a few more announcements from Bridgeport in the coming weeks.

Terry is, of course, a cog in that offense and should be quite important for the continued development of Holmstrom and maybe Raty in offensive roles.

Reactions: xECK29x

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Starting to get crowded up there, but this seems to indicate that there'll prolly be a few more announcements from Bridgeport in the coming weeks.

Terry is, of course, a cog in that offense and should be quite important for the continued development of Holmstrom and maybe Raty in offensive roles.
Yeah I agree, I think he's too good to pass up on returning though because of what you said, they need good players to play with

SI

Feb 16, 2013
With Terry -

Andreoff - Raty - Dufour
Holmstrom - Koivula - Terry
Durandeau - Iskhakov - Fasching
Panik - Kubiak - Bardreau
Jenkins - Newkirk - Bender
Adams - Lambert

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Chris Terry is the main reason Bridgeport got in the playoffs. It’s good to have a guy like him around to show prospects how to compete every game.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
With Terry -

Andreoff - Raty - Dufour
Adams - Lambert
My guess is Panik gets loaned elsewhere as early as possible

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What is the physicality like in the A these days? Brett Gallant looks to be available. How does our team stack up?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Good to hear about Terry.

Although others may not agree, I have always been of the mind that being part of a successful winning organization at the AHL level pays dividends for the parent team.

Of course solely loading up on AHL vets over prospects is not in the best interests of player development so there needs to be a balance. But let’s not kid ourselves, our prospect pipeline is not bursting at the seams.

Last edited:

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
With Terry -

Andreoff - Raty - Dufour
Adams - Lambert
what about Maclean? Is he coming back?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
what about Maclean? Is he coming back?
We haven't heard anything that he is coming back.

It's not out of the question I suppose, because Terry confirmed he is coming back and there hasn't been a former announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BPT bring back MacLean, Terry, and Wotherspoon on AHL deals and make Wotherspoon the Captain. Finally moving on from Seth Helgeson who gave me similar traumatic experiences to Steve Staios back in the day on the Island.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

It's not out of the question I suppose, because Terry confirmed he is coming back and there hasn't been a former announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BPT bring back MacLean, Terry, and Wotherspoon on AHL deals and make Wotherspoon the Captain. Finally moving on from Seth Helgeson who gave me similar traumatic experiences to Steve Staios back in the day on the Island.
Helgeson is a good team player and he's community minded. People like that are important to minor league teams. It wouldn't bother me if he came back on an AHL deal and remained captain. Also I don't get thSteve Staios reference. Helgeson had zero chance of ever filling in on the big club, so there was never a reason for you to be traumatized.

Maybe you're thinking of Steve Bernier?;)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Helgeson is a good team player and he's community minded. People like that are important to minor league teams. It wouldn't bother me if he came back on an AHL deal and remained captain. Also I don't get thSteve Staios reference. Helgeson had zero chance of ever filling in on the big club, so there was never a reason for you to be traumatized.

Maybe you're thinking of Steve Bernier?;)
The Staios reference was to compare the fact that both just throw the puck off the glass the majority of the time.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

Maclean is very much a Cizikas type at AHL level I hope he’s back also

Reactions: Glorydays22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad