Bridgeport Islanders Discussion 2021-22: Playoffs Start May 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

He has been by far the most impressive player given his age and play this year on Bridgeport. He should have another goal this year, but it was called back on a bad call by the ref for goalie interference. The one thing that stands out to me, he is dangerous from shooting from his off wing. Very interesting, he seems to as effective playing the right side as well as his strong side.

Reactions: Rengi and buud

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
He has been by far the most impressive player given his age and play this year on Bridgeport. He should have another goal this year, but it was called back on a bad call by the ref for goalie interference. The one thing that stands out to me, he is dangerous from shooting from his off wing. Very interesting, he seems to as effective playing the right side as well as his strong side.
Yea, it's impressive as a rookie and a defenseman, that he's leading Bridgeport in points.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Watched most of yesterday’s Bridgeport- Hartford game:

Hutton back with BPT with his usual solid play

Golyshev listed as a scratch .. thinking we could see him next Week in BPT. They have 2 games maybe we’ll see him Wednesday but most likely Saturday.

Holmstrom with multiple scoring chances in the first. Skating very well . Will look very good playing with Nelson IMO

Bolduc playing the offside had a couple of bad passes through the middle of the ice in our d zone. Otherwise he played in all situations as usual and Was still a +1. There will be some growing pains of course.

Bardreau making a case for a call up with both our goals

There was the usual 3rd period meltdown after we made it 3-2 at the start of the 3rd en route to a 5-2 final . Special teams were the difference as Hartford was 2-6 on the PP while BPT was 0-2 .

Getting pretty crowded right now in the Bridge with a few guys sitting out. Going to be interesting to see if Lou signs his college FA’s and where they play.

Reactions: buud

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Watched most of yesterday’s Bridgeport- Hartford game:

Hutton back with BPT with his usual solid play

Golyshev listed as a scratch .. thinking we could see him next Week in BPT. They have 2 games maybe we’ll see him Wednesday but most likely Saturday.

Holmstrom with multiple scoring chances in the first. Skating very well . Will look very good playing with Nelson IMO

Bolduc playing the offside had a couple of bad passes through the middle of the ice in our d zone. Otherwise he played in all situations as usual and Was still a +1. There will be some growing pains of course.

Bardreau making a case for a call up with both our goals

There was the usual 3rd period meltdown after we made it 3-2 at the start of the 3rd en route to a 5-2 final . Special teams were the difference as Hartford was 2-6 on the PP while BPT was 0-2 .

Getting pretty crowded right now in the Bridge with a few guys sitting out. Going to be interesting to see if Lou signs his college FA’s and where they play.

Thanks for report!

Good to hear that about particularly Holmstrom.

With respect to the bolded, I'd only add that each of Adams, Cockerill, and Mirageas don't need to be signed until August 15th. An AHL contract is a possibility, but it can't be given until August 15th has come and gone.

I'm not sure what the regulations are about a PTO, which I believe is quite limited in just how many games a player can suit up for?

Also, we can't forget that with the Golyshev signing, we've now making use of 48 of 50 contract slots. The trade deadline is coming up, so those slots may even be eaten up if we're adding bodies for draft picks.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for report!

Good to hear that about particularly Holmstrom.

With respect to the bolded, I'd only add that each of Adams, Cockerill, and Mirageas don't need to be signed until August 15th. An AHL contract is a possibility, but it can't be given until August 15th has come and gone.

I'm not sure what the regulations are about a PTO, which I believe is quite limited in just how many games a player can suit up for?

Also, we can't forget that with the Golyshev signing, we've now making use of 48 of 50 contract slots. The trade deadline is coming up, so those slots may even be eaten up if we're adding bodies for draft picks.
I’m a glutton for punishment. I had to get that Islander game out of my mind last night and what better way than to watch our prospects get trounced.. Lol

Not sure about the PTO situation but it’s a logjam of bodies down there. I don’t envy Thompson/Lamoriello one bit trying to get everyone playing time. Seems to be more of an evaluation season than what it would normally be.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real JT

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I’m a glutton for punishment! I had to get that Islander game out of my mind last night and what better way than to watch our prospects get trounced.. Lol

Not sure about the PTO situation but it’s a logjam of bodies down there. I don’t envy Thompson/Lamoriello one bit trying to get everyone playing time. Seems to be more of an evaluation season than what it would normally be.

Yep, nothing more than an evaluation season.

Sure wish they were playing something like 36 instead of 24 games.

It's basically a lost year for so many players.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Yep, nothing more than an evaluation season.

Sure wish they were playing something like 36 instead of 24 games.

It's basically a lost year for so many players.
Yeah they were slow to start the season . Don’t even know if they’re having playoffs.

Good point about the contract limit . I think we’re going to have a 4-5 for 1 or 2 player trade at some point soon. I think Lou made one of those with us a while back ( The one with Verhaege..).*

*it was the Grabner trade for 5 Players

Last edited:

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i see 6 shots for Greer, but was a -2. losing hope that he may be a 3rd LW with some grit. -12 in 9 games.

oh well, we didn't pay much to get him.

Bolduc leading the team in shots and +/-. nice.

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
i see 6 shots for Greer, but was a -2. losing hope that he may be a 3rd LW with some grit. -12 in 9 games.

oh well, we didn't pay much to get him.

Bolduc leading the team in shots and +/-. nice.
Greer has his best game of the season yesterday, he was physical, scored a goal even !He has been invisible the rest of the season and has seemed almost disinterested.

Blade Jenkins looked really good yesterday coming back from an apparent injury.

Most of the UFAs/RFAs(Kuhnackl, Bardreau, Greer, Fritz ) played like they were playing for contracts yesterday - they may have had a talking to from Lou.

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Linkopings played its final game of the year. Ho-Sang has not been featured in the last 6 games.

I wonder why the next move is - Back to Bridgeport? Or terminate the contract?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Linkopings played its final game of the year. Ho-Sang has not been featured in the last 6 games.

He's a UFA next year, he is done. Isles won't waste a spot in Bridgeport on him.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

See if anyone wants him on loan.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Another game. another loss, as the S'tigers give up the gamewinning goal in the last few minutes, getting their only goal from Kyle McLean, who was unassisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad