Injury Report: Brian Strait placed on IR **Activated 12/12**

Mustang2750*

Would love for Pedan to get a callup. He's the type of guy we need on our blue line.

Would not be against de Haan though need to see how he plays in the NHL.

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
I think it can be unanimously agreed that the only three options are Ness, De Haan, and Pedan. Straits size can be matched by Pedan, but I feel like De Haan plays a more effective game in our system. It'lll be interesting to see what decision Garth makes

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I think it can be unanimously agreed that the only three options are Ness, De Haan, and Pedan. Straits size can be matched by Pedan, but I feel like De Haan plays a more effective game in our system. It'lll be interesting to see what decision Garth makes

Finley. Has the most NHL experience and playing on Bridgeport's top pairing, makes the most sense IMO.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
There is no longer a recall waivers.

That said, Finley is god awful.

I don't think he was terrible during his stint with the Isles. Not good or great by any means but still... he is only 26, has tremendous size and good skating (especially for being 6'8"). Unfortunate decision-making seemed like his biggest weakness at the NHL level.

Still untapped potential there and likely more ready to step in then rookies like Ness, Pedan and de Haan.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
CDH and Donovan. Do it.

Not on the same pairing, thank you very much. Two rookie defensemen on the ice at the same time is asking for trouble.

There is no longer a recall waivers.

That said, Finley is god awful.

And supposedly he has been their best defenseman. That does NOT sound at all promising.

Although it may be the case that Finley is simply unable to adjust to the faster pace of the NHL, and though he may be outplaying DeHaan at the AHL level that DeHaan would be able to adjust to the speed of the NHL and be effective at that level whereas Finley was never able to.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Did anyone ever see the snippet IPB had up of Finley from the early part of the season? The one where he flubs the puck, his stick, and his skating all in one move without any pressure from the opposition? Be very scared is all I can say....

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Correction: Radek Martinek (old)

Seriously, I know someone here joked about finding a way to get Martinek on the IR so this is hilarious.
That nagging injury seems to crop up at the most opportune times.:sarcasm:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Awesome news. I'm guessing Ness is scratched. Can't see them sitting Carkner. We'll probably have to wait for Vis to get back before that happens.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That nagging injury seems to crop up at the most opportune times.:sarcasm:

It was clear why the Isles signed Marty and he helped them out when they were in a bind. The guy has always been a good soldier for us and he's doing his part yet again. I salute him for being a serviceable Alert 5 d-man for us when we needed him most.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Strait isn't a great defenseman by any stretch of the imagintion, BUT, he's above average. I'm not gonna flip out if he sucks immediately, gonna give him 5 or 6 games to get back to where he was before the injury. Once he's back to the way he was pre injury, him and CDH should help cut down the goals against.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Scott, I am guessing you mean he is above average for a #6, right?

Color me very unimpressed with Strait, I have no idea why he was signed to a 3 year deal after playing 9 games with us. Is the standard being able to stand up on skates without falling down more than 2x in 5 miutes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad