Proposal: Brian Little and Nick Ehlers for Alexander Barkov or Sebastian Aho ?

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Little and Ehlers gets you Barkov as much as McGinn and Huberdeau gets you Scheifele. They don't.

Reactions: Mestaruus

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
No, I don't think so. Barkov has a lot more value than Aho.

Really Doubt that if Aho moves to C.

I'd still take Barkov because of his defense and PKing. But Aho is a hell of a player and has more room to grow. (so does Barkov) so we'll see.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Really Doubt that if Aho moves to C.

I'd still take Barkov because of his defense and PKing. But Aho is a hell of a player and has more room to grow. (so does Barkov) so we'll see.

I agree that Aho is a hell of a player, but Barkov does more. Plus he's on a cap friendly contract. I would take Barkov everyday over Aho (not that I wouldn't want Aho also).

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Aho's likely not available. Barkov is definitely not available.

Tom Dundon (owner of the Canes) said that Aho was completely untouchable as he personifies the new culture they are trying to build with the Canes. So Aho is definitely not available even for a vast overpayment. Not sure what has been said about Barkov, I assume similar sentiments.

I agree that Aho is a hell of a player, but Barkov does more. Plus he's on a cap friendly contract. I would take Barkov everyday over Aho (not that I wouldn't want Aho also).

Hard to compare the two directly when Aho is 2 years younger. Obviously Barkov is better now, but Barkov didn't break out till his 3rd year in the league. Aho just finished his 2nd with 65 points. Granted, D+1 (Barkov) vs D+2 (Aho).

As far as "doing more", both players get a TON of work done. General Finland fans can attest to that if they watched Aho at the World Championships this year vs Barkov in the past. PP, PK, and ES domination.

Reactions: Mestaruus

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Aho's likely not available. Barkov is definitely not available.

Carolina came out and basically said don't even bother calling on Aho, he's not likely available, he's simply not available.

member 157595

Carolina came out and basically said don't even bother calling on Aho, he's not likely available, he's simply not available.

I don't doubt it, especially if they think he can play center long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad