Proposal: Brian Little and Nick Ehlers for Alexander Barkov or Sebastian Aho ?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I wouldn't trade Ehlers straight up for Aho so no.
Barkov deal hurts but I'd consider it. Would want an add from the Panthers though

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Barkov is a top 10 center in the league so Florida probably hangs up and blocks the Jets phone number from future calls.

Aho would be a similar case where Carolina waits to hear what else they would be getting in the deal and after a prolonged silence with no “just kidding” or “April fools” they realize Winnipeg is being serious and hang up.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Barkov is a top 10 center in the league so Florida probably hangs up and blocks the Jets phone number from future calls.

Aho would be a similar case where Carolina waits to hear what else they would be getting in the deal and after a prolonged silence with no “just kidding” or “April fools” they realize Winnipeg is being serious and hang up.
I think my comment on the 2nd proposal is a bit harsh. Aho is a similar player to Ehlers to adding Little to aid the Canes need for depth probably keeps the conversation going.

However, I doubt a deal is made yet based on Tom Dundon’s comments over the past couple months.

Reactions: Laus723

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Winnipeg needs a decent center for Laine and Barkov would be ideal and Aho pretty close.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Something small yeah I would. D prospect/3rd rnd. Nothing significant. Or more parts involved on both sides to even it out. Ehlers is a hell of a player and by accounts is best friends with Laine. I think hes just scratching the surface and has yet to reach his potential.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't know where this idea that Carolina needs depth came from...but, it's not true.

Carolina has insane depth on both the blueline and upfront, their minor league system is stocked with ripe and over-ripe talent everywhere but goal; the Canes need a 1C and a 1G.

Failing to acquire a top-line C, the plan is to pencil Aho into that spot. At this point, until he fails at being a 1C...his trade price as far as the Canes brain-trust is concerned is that of a 20-year-old 65-pt. two-way 1C.

Offer accordingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad