Proposal: Brian Little and Nick Ehlers for Alexander Barkov or Sebastian Aho ?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The guy scored 2nd most goals in the NHL, if you think that was bad go look at Carolina, Aho was Carolinas best point scorer.

We can disagree on Ehlers being the guy to build around, I would hate if the Bruins tried that with Ehlers, I'd have about zero faith on our chances.
Ehlers is great and should be a 1st line player through his prime but he's not the driver of teams offense.
He sure as hell drove his line on more than a few nights for the Jets.
and personally, I don't and have not really ever bought into the concept of building offense around 1 player. It's just not that black and white imo.

But anywho, doesnt matter.

We can agree to disagree.

Reactions: DashingDane

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He sure as hell drove his line on more than a few nights for the Jets.
and personally, I don't and have not really ever bought into the concept of building offense around 1 player. It's just not that black and white imo.

But anywho, doesnt matter.

We can agree to disagree.

That's not the same as being the driver.

This is like Huberdeau vs Barkov on potential.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
a 2way C who already outscored him on a low scoring team and happens to be 1.5 years younger.
Well, I tried to explain why, and it seems you still don't understand.

You are using confirmation bias, I can do the same.

Infact I did - By countering those exact arguments.

Still, It seems hard for you to grasp why I personally do not see Aho a step above Ehlers.

I can try again.

Yes he outscored Ehlers by 4 pts, playing more ES (almost 2 mins more) and More pp.
He didn't have worse linemates, as numbers will tell you.

Ehlers had 64pts the season before last season playing a good chunk with Thorbs, so I dont buy into the whole 1.5 years younger concept.

Ehlers was shuffled alot, and when that happens, chemistry/consistency is hard to build, yet he did.

Ehlers had several games on the 3rd and 4th line with not so good players.

Does it annoy you, I dont agree or something?

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Aho and Ehlers have similar value? In what world is a one-way winger worth the same as a potential 1C?
Ehlers is not as one way as some are deeming him.

He got alot better in his own end this season, with alot more focus on it.

But, if Aho becomes a Center he will always outvalue a just as good winger.
That's just the game, wingers are not worth value wise as much as good D's and C's.

But basing value on the potentiality of him becoming a 2way C is dumb.
He wasnt last season and there is no guarantee he will ever suceed in that role.

Just look at Chucky and how he fared with the Habs.

And ffs, why do you all just asume Aho will progress and Ehlers will stagnate? Ehlers is 22 lol..

Last edited:

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I Think you have followed Winnipeg because of Laine... you remember the line Ehlers Little Laine? 0 chemistry.. but I guess that excuse only applies to Laine :sarcasm: Ehlers playing 2 pp unit.. right now I think Aho is ahead of Ehlers.. but not that much! Ehlers and Little > Aho
Nobody wants Little... Have you seen him play the last season?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Aho and Ehlers have similar value? In what world is a one-way winger worth the same as a potential 1C?
The same world where they put up similar numbers as wingers? Aho may turn out to be a great 1 C then value would be greater, but that's not at this moment is it?

Nobody wants Little... Have you seen him play the last season?
I'm assuming Jordan Staal would be a cap dump at this point too? Considering Littles had similar or better numbers over the past 3 years. So ones a 1/2 C and the other a 4th line dump. Got it.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Well as good as Laine is, he sure as hell fanned on a lot of grade a passes from Ehlers.

Like ALOT!

And the second, I politely disagree.

Even so, if Aho ends up a center, that is an unfair comparisson to make.
And it was not my gripe.

We get it, you Finns are super pumped for your future, and you have a good few very good young players. But it is starting to get absurd with threads that contain Finn players, they all seem to get hijacked by Finn fanboys.

Yes the Barkov and Aho for Ehlers and Little proposal was bonkers. But mostly because of the adition of Barkov for Little.

Aho = Ehlers

but Barkov >> Little for sure.
That is some total bs that Laine fanned many passes from Ehlers. The opposite is true.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
The same world where they put up similar numbers as wingers? Aho may turn out to be a great 1 C then value would be greater, but that's not at this moment is it?

I'm assuming Jordan Staal would be a cap dump at this point too? Considering Littles had similar or better numbers over the past 3 years. So ones a 1/2 C and the other a 4th line dump. Got it.
I have not watched Jordan Staal play that much. I have fought through 2 seasons of Little though

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That is some total bs that Laine fanned many passes from Ehlers. The opposite is true.
Okay buddy, I get you dont watch alot of Jets games.
And it is clear as day that you do not.

And it is clear as day you are from Finland aswell.

Ofc, Ehlers fanned passes, all players do. But Laine, as deadly as he is, is no guarantee for alot of pts, because he has a great shot.

And he indeed fanned on alot of passes from Ehlers.
Alot of grade A passes aswell.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Well, I believe that Aho and Ehlers have the same potential, only edge for Aho, Imo is he can become a C.

Aho is going to have a monster season this upcoming season, 70-80 points if no injuries in my opinion and as most know, scoring points isn't the only thing he does really well. He's a better all around player than Ehlers. Aho can be used on PK and he's very good with causing his opponents turnovers.

I don't think the ceiling with Ehlers and Aho is the same and that is one of the reasons that separates them and makes Aho have more trade value. Usually the younger player (Aho by 1.5 years) has the higher ceiling and when we look at these two it seems to be true, based on what I've seen.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Aho is going to have a monster season this upcoming season, 70-80 points if no injuries in my opinion and as most know, scoring points isn't the only thing he does really well. He's a better all around player than Ehlers. Aho can be used on PK and he's very good with causing his opponents turnovers.

I don't think the ceiling with Ehlers and Aho is the same and that is one of the reasons that separates them and makes Aho have more trade value. Usually the younger player (Aho by 1.5 years) has the higher ceiling and when we look at these two it seems to be true, based on what I've seen.
Yeah, I don't even know where to start and how to answer this.

So I wont.

I think I am done here.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It’s funny how quickly Little went from ‘most underrated player in the NHL’ to ‘capdump bust’ amongst the intellectuals of hfboards

They just gave him too good of a contract. 1 mil less and people wouldn't criticize him as much since they judge him based on that and obviously his trade value comes from that as well. I like him as the 3C but he shouldn't be on the PP. Winnipeg should have enough options for that.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don't know why the Panthers would do this or want to move Barkov. I'm not a fan of either team btw.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Aho already was Carolinas best player and hit 65 points on a low scoring team(best on the team).
He's a potential 2way C, Carolina has already said he's off the table.

Ehlers great but Aho impacts the game more.

Barkov will get traded for McDavid and about no one else. So safe to say he's not moving from Florida.
Hey it's a version of spot the Finnish homer. I wonder what way his option will go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad