Brian Lee over Jack Johnson???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
If Jack Johnson is such a ****-hot prospect, then how did Brian Lee (a relativley unknown out of high school) beat him out for a spot on team USA for the World Junior Tourney??? Is Lee that good, or is Johnson badly over-hyped?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
BIGROCKET said:
If Jack Johnson is such a ****-hot prospect, then how did Brian Lee (a relativley unknown out of high school) beat him out for a spot on team USA for the World Junior Tourney??? Is Lee that good, or is Johnson badly over-hyped?

****-hot?

Reilly311

I love people who don't know anything about what they're talking about.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Reilly311 said:
I love people who don't know anything about what they're talking about.

give the guy a break would you. dont discourage in a way that he doesnt ever post again. just answer the freakin question and if you think its stupid then keep it to yourself.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
teams select the guys that they feel will be the best TEAM, not the best individual talents or the guys that they think will be the best nhlers 5 years down the road...

for some reason they thought lee filled a particular role better then johnson would have...

they left schremp off the team last year, that didn't mean he wasn't good...

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
ic3man24 said:
give the guy a break would you. dont discourage in a way that he doesnt ever post again. just answer the freakin question and if you think its stupid then keep it to yourself.

Nah...that's ok. I know more about hockey than Reilly ever will. He just says stuff like that to make himself feel better. Probably has a small weenie and could never PLAY hockey, so being a loser like this makes him feel better. Reilly, you are a loser, and you shouldn't post on these boards. Now, can anyone actually give some input as to why Brian Lee made the team over Jack Johnson? They are both 2005 draft eligible, and it just seems strange to me that Lee is there over a guy who is often ranked number 2 for the 2005 draft. On a side note....how could that question be deemed stupid in the first place? Maybe Reilly can't read...i dunno.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
NYR469 said:
teams select the guys that they feel will be the best TEAM, not the best individual talents or the guys that they think will be the best nhlers 5 years down the road...

for some reason they thought lee filled a particular role better then johnson would have...

It just doesn't make sense to me. From everything I have read, Johnson is an all around good d-man, at both ends of the rink.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
from what many think and say, US politics and the fact that Dean Blais, the former North Dakota coach AND World Junior coach made promises if Lee went to Dakota. Yes, it is true, the best aren't always picked. lemieux, Yzerman were cut from Canadian teams, Lemieux at WOrld Juniors. Johnson is clearly the better NHL prospect. Lets not forget, Johnson vs. Lee is not the issue, Johnson is better than Hagemo, Borer, Likens besides. This was clearly proven at their camp. Johnson has a brilliant future, lets see who is where 4-5 years from now.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
BIGROCKET said:
Nah...that's ok. I know more about hockey than Reilly ever will. He just says stuff like that to make himself feel better. Probably has a small weenie and could never PLAY hockey, so being a loser like this makes him feel better. Reilly, you are a loser, and you shouldn't post on these boards. Now, can anyone actually give some input as to why Brian Lee made the team over Jack Johnson? They are both 2005 draft eligible, and it just seems strange to me that Lee is there over a guy who is often ranked number 2 for the 2005 draft. On a side note....how could that question be deemed stupid in the first place? Maybe Reilly can't read...i dunno.

Just a friendly warning there bud. May want to watch the personal insults a bit. That type of talk gets you banned around here pretty quick.

not sure why Johnson was left off the team if Lee was picked. I would guess coaches preferences. A lot of people think people like Fehr and Pouliot deserve to be on team canada as well. Coaches make these decisions.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is that the US brass felt JJ's game was too risky for a 3rd pairing role.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
NYR469 said:
Exactly. That's why players like Brule, Stone, and Fehr aren't on Team Canada.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
NYR469 said:

Guys, guys, guys, usually teams select lesser forwards to fill a role (Schremp getting snubbed, as you mentioned) for penalty killing and grinding etc, but I have never heard of a team picking a lesser defenceman to fill a role? Thats assinine, you take the best 6 defencman available to you.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
From what I saw...Brian Lee isn't the scrub some of you are making him out to be. He was excellent on both ends of the ice, and he's huge(6'4, 205)

Lee and Johnson will both be there next year.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
at this time I would take Jack Johnson, I have heard great things about him and I havn't seen either play but from what I hear I think Jack is better and has more potential.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
BuppY said:
at this time I would take Jack Johnson, I have heard great things about him and I havn't seen either play but from what I hear I think Jack is better and has more potential.

In the long run, you're probably right...but for NOW, Lee could obviously bring more to the team than Johnson, in the eyes of the USA brass.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hab Fan said:
from what many think and say, US politics and the fact that Dean Blais, the former North Dakota coach AND World Junior coach made promises if Lee went to Dakota. Yes, it is true, the best aren't always picked. lemieux, Yzerman were cut from Canadian teams, Lemieux at WOrld Juniors. Johnson is clearly the better NHL prospect. Lets not forget, Johnson vs. Lee is not the issue, Johnson is better than Hagemo, Borer, Likens besides. This was clearly proven at their camp. Johnson has a brilliant future, lets see who is where 4-5 years from now.

dean blais isn't the US coach...he was replaced by Scott Sandelin over the summer after blais took a job with columbus. obviously at the time they thought there would be a nhl season meaning blais wouldn't be available

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
They don't pick the best players ,they try to pick the best team. Johnson will be a great player but for this tournament they need a great team player! It will be interesting to see how much ice time Kessel and Lee get.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
bigd said:
They don't pick the best players ,they try to pick the best team. Johnson will be a great player but for this tournament they need a great team player! It will be interesting to see how much ice time Kessel and Lee get.

Are you implying Johnson is less coachable or questionable as a TEAM PLAYER?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
this tournament could be a gold mine for lee if he has a strong showing...could potentially rocket towards the top of the 1st round

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
s7ark said:
Just a friendly warning there bud. May want to watch the personal insults a bit. That type of talk gets you banned around here pretty quick.

not sure why Johnson was left off the team if Lee was picked. I would guess coaches preferences. A lot of people think people like Fehr and Pouliot deserve to be on team canada as well. Coaches make these decisions.

Thanks for the advice. I have never actually put down anyone in any way on these boards before. In fact I rarely have anything negative to say.....but I'm just really sick of people like Reilly.....and others. They have that smug "I know all" attitude, and they never consider other people's opinions or inquiries. Instead they just put them down. I don't understand it.....just unhappy people for whatever reason I guess, so they have to be negative to everyone else.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
BIGROCKET said:
Thanks for the advice. I have never actually put down anyone in any way on these boards before. In fact I rarely have anything negative to say.....but I'm just really sick of people like Reilly.....and others. They have that smug "I know all" attitude, and they never consider other people's opinions or inquiries. Instead they just put them down. I don't understand it.....just unhappy people for whatever reason I guess, so they have to be negative to everyone else.

No offense, but Reilly does know a LOT about college and US hockey and people all the time trash USA and USA prospects on this site. Comming on and saying he might be badly overhyped is a bunch of crap.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Reveille said:
No offense, but Reilly does know a LOT about college and US hockey and people all the time trash USA and USA prospects on this site. Comming on and saying he might be badly overhyped is a bunch of crap.

i agree. reilly gets a bad rap for being defensive over USA hockey...but i witnessed mobs of canadian posters ganging up on him simply for saying the Canadians weren't guaranteed a gold at the world cup. it's easy to call a poster a troll when you don't agree with what he says...but when it's agreeable, that poster is simply displaying proud jingoism. reilly's methods are certainly abrasive, and i don't agree with him all the time...but to act like he's the only one is pretty silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad