Brian Lee over Jack Johnson???

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by BigAl, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl

BigAl Registered User

Home Page:
    If Jack Johnson is such a ****-hot prospect, then how did Brian Lee (a relativley unknown out of high school) beat him out for a spot on team USA for the World Junior Tourney??? Is Lee that good, or is Johnson badly over-hyped?

2. rt

rt Registered User Sponsor

****-hot?

3. Reilly311

Reilly311 Guest

I love people who don't know anything about what they're talking about.

4. Amadeus

Amadeus Stand Witness

give the guy a break would you. dont discourage in a way that he doesnt ever post again. just answer the freakin question and if you think its stupid then keep it to yourself.

5. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    :lol

6. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    teams select the guys that they feel will be the best TEAM, not the best individual talents or the guys that they think will be the best nhlers 5 years down the road...

for some reason they thought lee filled a particular role better then johnson would have...

they left schremp off the team last year, that didn't mean he wasn't good...

7. BigAl

BigAl Registered User

Home Page:
    Nah...that's ok. I know more about hockey than Reilly ever will. He just says stuff like that to make himself feel better. Probably has a small weenie and could never PLAY hockey, so being a loser like this makes him feel better. Reilly, you are a loser, and you shouldn't post on these boards. Now, can anyone actually give some input as to why Brian Lee made the team over Jack Johnson? They are both 2005 draft eligible, and it just seems strange to me that Lee is there over a guy who is often ranked number 2 for the 2005 draft. On a side note....how could that question be deemed stupid in the first place? Maybe Reilly can't read...i dunno.

8. BigAl

BigAl Registered User

Home Page:
    It just doesn't make sense to me. From everything I have read, Johnson is an all around good d-man, at both ends of the rink.

9. Hab Fan

Hab Fan Registered User

from what many think and say, US politics and the fact that Dean Blais, the former North Dakota coach AND World Junior coach made promises if Lee went to Dakota. Yes, it is true, the best aren't always picked. lemieux, Yzerman were cut from Canadian teams, Lemieux at WOrld Juniors. Johnson is clearly the better NHL prospect. Lets not forget, Johnson vs. Lee is not the issue, Johnson is better than Hagemo, Borer, Likens besides. This was clearly proven at their camp. Johnson has a brilliant future, lets see who is where 4-5 years from now.

10. s7ark

s7ark RIP

Just a friendly warning there bud. May want to watch the personal insults a bit. That type of talk gets you banned around here pretty quick.

not sure why Johnson was left off the team if Lee was picked. I would guess coaches preferences. A lot of people think people like Fehr and Pouliot deserve to be on team canada as well. Coaches make these decisions.

11. Jacob

Jacob Registered User

Home Page:
    My guess is that the US brass felt JJ's game was too risky for a 3rd pairing role.

12. Fedz

Fedz Registered User

GM of Junior Hockey Team
    Home Page:
    Exactly. That's why players like Brule, Stone, and Fehr aren't on Team Canada.

13. monster_bertuzzi

monster_bertuzzi registered user

Home Page:
    Guys, guys, guys, usually teams select lesser forwards to fill a role (Schremp getting snubbed, as you mentioned) for penalty killing and grinding etc, but I have never heard of a team picking a lesser defenceman to fill a role? Thats assinine, you take the best 6 defencman available to you.

14. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    From what I saw...Brian Lee isn't the scrub some of you are making him out to be. He was excellent on both ends of the ice, and he's huge(6'4, 205)

Lee and Johnson will both be there next year.

15. ndhockey21

ndhockey21 Registered User

Lee is good dont underrate him.

16. BuppY

BuppY xGoodwillx

Home Page:
    at this time I would take Jack Johnson, I have heard great things about him and I havn't seen either play but from what I hear I think Jack is better and has more potential.

17. nomorekids

Home Page:

In the long run, you're probably right...but for NOW, Lee could obviously bring more to the team than Johnson, in the eyes of the USA brass.

18. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    dean blais isn't the US coach...he was replaced by Scott Sandelin over the summer after blais took a job with columbus. obviously at the time they thought there would be a nhl season meaning blais wouldn't be available

19. bigd

bigd Registered User

They don't pick the best players ,they try to pick the best team. Johnson will be a great player but for this tournament they need a great team player! It will be interesting to see how much ice time Kessel and Lee get.

20. Crosbyfan

Crosbyfan Registered User

Are you implying Johnson is less coachable or questionable as a TEAM PLAYER?

21. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

No he's not, but so what if he is?

22. neelynugs

neelynugs Registered User

this tournament could be a gold mine for lee if he has a strong showing...could potentially rocket towards the top of the 1st round

23. BigAl

BigAl Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanks for the advice. I have never actually put down anyone in any way on these boards before. In fact I rarely have anything negative to say.....but I'm just really sick of people like Reilly.....and others. They have that smug "I know all" attitude, and they never consider other people's opinions or inquiries. Instead they just put them down. I don't understand it.....just unhappy people for whatever reason I guess, so they have to be negative to everyone else.

24. Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers ordinary corrupt human love

corporate drone
    No offense, but Reilly does know a LOT about college and US hockey and people all the time trash USA and USA prospects on this site. Comming on and saying he might be badly overhyped is a bunch of crap.

25. nomorekids

Home Page:

i agree. reilly gets a bad rap for being defensive over USA hockey...but i witnessed mobs of canadian posters ganging up on him simply for saying the Canadians weren't guaranteed a gold at the world cup. it's easy to call a poster a troll when you don't agree with what he says...but when it's agreeable, that poster is simply displaying proud jingoism. reilly's methods are certainly abrasive, and i don't agree with him all the time...but to act like he's the only one is pretty silly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.