Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

I agree. I work this internally until the deadline

Yup. They've spent years drafting and developing prospects, but now it's time to see what they can bring to the table. Bjork has the talent and now the strength to stick in the top-six, IMO. Senyshyn is in the same category, except I don't think he has what it takes to be L1. Senyshyn is the perfect mold of a middle-six winger and I really hope he gets another look there soon. He looked great next to Coyle in his NHL debut and I think he deserves a chance to play next to both Coyle and Krejci.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
They should probably give Anders Bjork or Zach Senyshyn a fair shake in Ritchie's place. Might just find themselves a serviceable top-six winger that way.

Yes- it's time. They've had both of them in the system for a good while now. Bjork has shown he can play in the NHL. Seny not as much, but he could also be one of those players that raises him to game to the level. The Bruins will never know unless they give him a shot.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I agree. I work this internally until the deadline

Its not just a 2RW, we can switch it around:

Marchy/Bergy/Heiny
2LW/Krejci/Pasty
Bruski/Coily/AnyBottom6Guy

If we only have LWings available we can fit them in by moving Heinen up.

Of course this means breaking up the Perfection line. Which I think they need to do now and again.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
His ice time has gone from 13 to 10 to 8. It will be interesting to see if he's in the lineup against Colorado.

It will be interesting to see how they adjust the lineup. We saw some different combos against Vegas, including Heinen-Krejci-Coyle.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
His ice time has gone from 13 to 10 to 8. It will be interesting to see if he's in the lineup against Colorado.

It will be interesting to see how they adjust the lineup. We saw some different combos against Vegas, including Heinen-Krejci-Coyle.

The one gripe I have with Cassidy's style is that he tries these different combos and if there isn't some sort of instant spark, he abandons them. I wish for once he would put a new line combo together (because he's clearly seen something that could work) and let it marinate for a half dozen games or more and see what might come of it. It doesn't seem to me (being the non-professional hockey guy that I am ) that you can learn all that much about how players work together after a few shifts.

Reactions: PlayMakers

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
until they lose a game, Im not changing anything. Perhaps they aren't winning the way some would like with Ritchie in, but they are winning. Winning on the road in Vegas is a good sign

Reactions: hrdpuk

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
until they lose a game, Im not changing anything. Perhaps they aren't winning the way some would like with Ritchie in, but they are winning. Winning on the road in Vegas is a good sign

In Dallas as well. Beat two of the top teams in the WC early on, and Ritchie was a member of the starting 12. He also has 13 hits which leads forwards. I know the advanced stats and all that, but Danton Heinen's are actually worse to start the season showing how little they actually mean since he's been one of our better forwards

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The one gripe I have with Cassidy's style is that he tries these different combos and if there isn't some sort of instant spark, he abandons them. I wish for once he would put a new line combo together (because he's clearly seen something that could work) and let it marinate for a half dozen games or more and see what might come of it. It doesn't seem to me (being the non-professional hockey guy that I am ) that you can learn all that much about how players work together after a few shifts.

Amen he could certainly be more patient IMO as well.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

You mean like giving Ritchie a few weeks to find some chemistry and a place on the team?
That would be reactionary and surely noone on HFBoards would be like that.
C'mon Bruce....:sarcasm:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You mean like giving Ritchie a few weeks to find some chemistry and a place on the team?
That would be reactionary and surely noone on HFBoards would be like that.
C'mon Bruce....:sarcasm:

Hey now I might even be guilty of that to some degree :laugh: - but yeah, really. If there is something they see and like about Ritchie's game, whether it is obvious to us fans or not, I'd like to let him have a good test drive with consistent linemates and see how it shakes out.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I wasn't a fan of him being gifted a roster spot, but I haven't minded his game so far. So the jury is still out for me. He's been ok. I liked how he lowered the shoulder and went to the net hard. We need more of that to mix in with the perimeter play of most of our forwards.

Reactions: LouJersey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wasn't a fan of him being gifted a roster spot, but I haven't minded his game so far. So the jury is still out for me. He's been ok. I liked how he lowered the shoulder and went to the net hard. We need more of that to mix in with the perimeter play of most of our forwards.
We don’t have too many forwards that can use their body that way, Coyle is basically the only other guy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ritchie would be more effective in the cycle game if Heinen and DeBrusk didn't instantly cough up the puck on the boards.
Going to watch right now

focusing on Ritchie & Heinen only

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
More advanced stats.... Ritchie has been on ice for 3 bruins goals scored (team has scored all of 7) and hasn't been on ice when the opponents scored.
You know some times you just wish you could like a post twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad