Player Discussion Brett Ritchie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Coyle was a great pickup, but until he plays more than 1% of his time at wing I don't think they should be credited with 'finding a big, physical winger' for that one.

I put Nash into the failed category. Before the trade, he was injured all the time and in the middle of his third consecutive 30 point season... After the trade, he got injured and scored 11 points in 23 games (39pt pace). I know the eyeball test was encouraging but he was a risky pickup and ultimately his short time here mirrored his many years in NY.

Sweeney deserves lots of credit and has had many successes but finding a big, physical winger seems to be on his to-do list every year and never seems to get checked off.

Was it though when you consider what Boston gave up?

2018 1st - NYR moved up to draft Miller (IIRC)
Ryan Lindgren - Still only 21yr old, but looks like a fringe NHLer
Ryan Spooner - Playing in Europe - well playing is a loose term since he's been scratched most games
Matt Beleskey - AHL mainstay since being traded by Boston

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

Ryan Spooner - Playing in Europe - well playing is a loose term since he's been scratched most games

Yeah I'd consider it failed. Lindgren is a great defender, projects as a second pairing d-man IMO. Had a nice coast-to-coast goal in the AHL the other day.

2018 1st could've been another decent prospect, we've been drafting very well lately.

Obviously the other two are a wash, but Nash was honestly not a good player for his brief stint here. Great possession, but his goal scoring vs. high danger shots was horrifically low. Seemed snake bitten but just tossed muffins on the net.

I liked the trade when we made it but it became apparent very quickly that it was a slight mismanagement of assets.

Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah I'd consider it failed. Lindgren is a great defender, projects as a second pairing d-man IMO. Had a nice coast-to-coast goal in the AHL the other day.

2018 1st could've been another decent prospect, we've been drafting very well lately.

Obviously the other two are a wash, but Nash was honestly not a good player for his brief stint here. Great possession, but his goal scoring vs. high danger shots was horrifically low. Seemed snake bitten but just tossed muffins on the net.

I liked the trade when we made it but it became apparent very quickly that it was a slight mismanagement of assets.

You really think so? I live roughly 20 minutes from Hartford and get to see quite a bit of Wolf Pack games. I just don't see 2nd pairing upside for him in the NHL. I mean its not like the Rangers defense is loaded and tough to crack, yet Lindgren is still in the AHL and probably not even the first LHD call up (Sean Day most likely is).

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Enough with the Ritchie experiment. He can stay on the team as the 13-14th F but put some skills back in the lineup instead.

Try Bjork in the middle 6. It doesn’t work? Try another deserving skilled ELC.

Give all the young skilled guys some auditions time so you know what you have in house at deadline so you can add what you need.

Giving Ritchie, Backes and Kuhlman iceyime in the top-9 is a waste of time.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hope he drops the gloves. Too many non rivalry non fighting games these days. Cant remember the last time a bruin took a 5 min fighting major
The game against Toronto last year there were a few fights (honestly I think those were Toronto’s only fighting Majors of the year)

maybe Kane vs Chara?

They put a graphic up in Colorado apparently there were like 600+ fights 6 years ago and this year were on pace for 140 or something.

it sucks when the biggest rivalries are between team mascots on twitter.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I would. Not so much what they gave up, but what they got.

Part of it you can chalk up to bad luck, but Nash didn’t end up being an answer to that question. We continue to flounder with bargain bin shots in the dark to fill that role with wholly predictable results.

Reactions: LSCII and Lo97

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I would. Not so much what they gave up, but what they got.

Part of it you can chalk up to bad luck, but Nash didn’t end up being an answer to that question. We continue to flounder with bargain bin shots in the dark to fill that role with wholly predictable results.

Bruins don’t win against Toronto without Nash and I have no doubt he was signing with Boston had he not retired.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

I wasn't really talking about trade value, but yeah I think a 1st was too much to give up for a 30-40 point guy. Would you give up a 1st for a 30 point guy this year?

I think people (including the B's front office) wanted to say that was "Rick Nash" not a 30 point guy, but when you're in the middle of your third straight 30 point season then you are firmly entrenched as a 30 point guy, whether your name is Rick Nash or Paul Byron.

Reactions: Lo97 and GoBs

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Anyone who downplays Nash play here TO ME - has no ****ing clue. I immediately stop reading

Agree. But theres gonna be people who still think giving up Donato was a mistake because he puts up some points.

The 2 things to whine about are the non trades with St Louis.

We keep Binners career on life support (because our goalie prospects are terrible honestly why let him play in the AHL and put Vlaadar in the ECHL) and then inquire about him because hes better than what we have. But obviously aren't willing to give up a 3rd or 4th to get the deal done. Uggg. And then not moving Fredric for Schenn. Uggg.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree. But theres gonna be people who still think giving up Donato was a mistake because he puts up some points.

We keep Binners career on life support (because our goalie prospects are terrible honestly why let him play in the AHL and put Vlaadar in the ECHL) and then inquire about him because hes better than what we have. But obviously aren't willing to give up a 3rd or 4th to get the deal done. Uggg. And then not moving Fredric for Schenn. Uggg.

I’m sure people think Donato for Coyle was a mistake but the one person who matters that likes it is me- I don’t care what they think.

it wasn’t just Frederic it was a lot more

getting Coyle for Donato I expect to be a great deal

that’s the deal I do

Reactions: LSCII

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins undeafeared w Beast Ritchie in the lineup
some here would say "in spite of Ritchie":laugh:

I dunno, I`m neither down on him nor feeling he`s the perfect fit. Don`t think he deserves half the bashing he seems to be getting here though

I`d lose 0 sleep or get any anxiety if I were to hear they sent him to Providence (not sure if he has to clear waivers) but much like I felt with Cehlarik, if someone were to pick him up, who cares

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

our goalie prospects are terrible?

hmmm

Dom tells me 3 years ago he loves this kid Keyser

So....I can go with his opinion knowing he goes to the games and watched him live and is in a circle of NHL evaluators

or wherever your source is that said they are terrible

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wasn't really talking about trade value, but yeah I think a 1st was too much to give up for a 30-40 point guy. Would you give up a 1st for a 30 point guy this year?

I think people (including the B's front office) wanted to say that was "Rick Nash" not a 30 point guy, but when you're in the middle of your third straight 30 point season then you are firmly entrenched as a 30 point guy, whether your name is Rick Nash or Paul Byron.

I mean Krejci & DeBrusk both saw their production increase playing with Nash. Unfortunately the concussion really will never allow us to know what that trio would have done together if healthy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
our goalie prospects are terrible?

hmmm

Dom tells me 3 years ago he loves this kid Keyser

So....I can go with his opinion knowing he goes to the games and watched him live and is in a circle of NHL evaluators

or wherever your source is that said they are terrible

Keyser is in the coast league and had mediocre stats in Jrs. We'll see. Vlaadar won't amount to much. Zane isn't anything special. None are realistic options to step in for Halak next year and give us some extra cap space. Swayman isn't good for Maine.

We have the best goalie in the NHL but the times he hasn't played well seem to be when we haven't had a good backup pushing him. Its an important position.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Keyser is in the coast league and had mediocre stats in Jrs. We'll see. Vlaadar won't amount to much. Zane isn't anything special. None are realistic options to step in for Halak next year and give us some extra cap space. Swayman isn't good for Maine.

We have the best goalie in the NHL but the times he hasn't played well seem to be when we haven't had a good backup pushing him. Its an important position.

Just going to drop @Dom - OHL a mention and sit back.

Oh btw Zane isn't even in the system anymore. Not surprised you didn't know that, as the rest of you take is equally inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad