Player Discussion Brett Ritchie - WAIVED!!!!!!!!!

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Backes next please. We have a ton of leadership. Offers us nothing. All the money we save on 63-37-88 is wasted on Backes. Guy gives us nothing. If you can’t come though playing against your former team for a cup. Your done. Nice guy but again that doesn’t help us
Thanks Don. Now a trade

BruinsNetwork

Go figure....you like guys that don’t score, but dislike guys that do. Two games, two goals.

Wait a second, Jim. When did I post that here? Was that last night or tonight when he scored 2G? I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: CDJ

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Go figure....you like guys that don’t score, but dislike guys that do. Two games, two goals.

Aren't you another in a long line who don't watch but comment? Lmao.

I was there last night and Ritchie wasn't good for being a guy who played in the NHL. His comment made sense.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m not a fan but the other options have hardly forced him out of the lineup. 4th liners all overrated and incapable of holding down the 2RW spot for a couple nights. I’d say good riddance if the in-house options were better. But they aren’t I’m glad he cleared and I’ll call him up if he goes down and is Providence best player.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
A $1 mil contract that just couldn't hack it. The Bruins tried and were proven wrong, they kind of fixed it.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hot take alert
Bruins should have sent him down earlier to regain fitness, confidence and a scoring touch, I'm the furthest thing from a Ritchie fan but I know good hockey when I see it,Ritchie was playing good hockey last night,now it's only been 2 games but you could see he was having fun out there getting a regular shift with Power play and Penalty kill time
He's responding well to his demotion hopefully he can keep it up

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hot take alert
Bruins should have sent him down earlier to regain fitness, confidence and a scoring touch, I'm the furthest thing from a Ritchie fan but I know good hockey when I see it,Ritchie was playing good hockey last night,now it's only been 2 games but you could see he was having fun out there getting a regular shift with Power play and Penalty kill time

I saw him a couple times when he was with the Texas Stars and he was good, I might even say a dominant player in the AHL. Something has not seemed to translate for him in the NHL, maybe the increased speed of the game? Guys that are strong enough to cope with him but also quick enough? I don't know, but I am sure he will look good in Providence. Whether he can ever take that to the next level, I would guess not at this point.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hot take alert
Very possible - but the issue with him has always been consistency. He has looked real strong in flashes in Boston but never kept it up. Here’s hoping he finds new life in Providence and sorts his shit out to bring it every night.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I hope he finds his niche in Providence and helps out the organization by being a good teammate with the prospects on and off the ice.

BruinsNetwork

Ritchie spoke along the lines last night of how easily someone can kind of lose their game just playing on the fourth-line with limited minutes. Which is definitely a good point that gets overlooked.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ritchie spoke along the lines last night of how easily someone can kind of lose their game just playing on the fourth-line with limited minutes. Which is definitely a good point that gets overlooked.

I'd be more inclined to agree with him if he had actually shown something more when given 2nd line starts- he didn't spend his whole time up with Boston on the 4th line with limited minutes. He earned that for himself.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

And who would he be referring too?

Hopefully not himself, because the Bruins gave him way more than enough time to show his worth whether it was on the 4th line, 2nd, or 3rd line. He didn't take advantage of the opportunity he was given and more than earned his demotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estlin

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Confidence and fitness, once he gets those 2 back he'll be right in the mix again,he ain't the answer but he could become a useful piece now and again if needed

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
hmm, good for him I think, like he knows where he is likely to be of value to the Bruins or another NHL team.

I really don't see Ritchie as being a good Penalty Killer at the next level though and Id rather see the kids out-there getting the chance to improve their game.

Its great that Ritchie is willing to do so, but the young kids are hopefully the future of the bruins and should be out-there before Ritchie.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I really don't see Ritchie as being a good Penalty Killer at the next level though and Id rather see the kids out-there getting the chance to improve their game.

Its great that Ritchie is willing to do so, but the young kids are hopefully the future of the bruins and should be out-there before Ritchie.
They (Providence) have to win games too and the top kids ,Senyshyn, Frederic Studnicka etc are getting their reps,3 games in 3 days means you have to use everyone ,I get what you're saying but I can tell you the kids are getting the ice time

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad