Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If nothing else MB is good at convincing so many GMs to waste their time on nothing trades.

2j5e0w.jpg

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Scherbak has more value, and should fetch a better player.

I'm not so sure on that one. DLR lacks offensive skills but I think a lot of GM's would value his ability to play center just as much as the struggling Scherbak who has skills but has not produced yet. I guess it comes down to what teams are looking for.

Jul 6, 2016
I'm not so sure on that one. DLR lacks offensive skills but I think a lot of GM's would value his ability to play center just as much as the struggling Scherbak who has skills but has not produced yet. I guess it comes down to what teams are looking for.

Unless MB surprises us a lot and trade Shaw for.... two second-rounders...:sarcasm:

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I forgot star players were traded all the time

Yes they are traded sometimes.....but mostly traded away by Bergevin.....and Dorion.
French speaking GM must start to have a really bad rep in the NHL, hope Brisebois doesn't screw up in Tampa.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Just because our GM has never been able to get one through a trade doesn't mean other gms cant.

Did you purposefully misunderstand or what?

Yes they are traded sometimes.....but mostly traded away by Bergevin.....and Dorion.
French speaking GM must start to have a really bad rep in the NHL, hope Brisebois doesn't screw up in Tampa.

Mmkay

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs bring in a guy, for their AHL affiliate no less, who played 71 NHL games on a pretty deep defense last year...for 2 guys who combined played 2 NHL games.

And some are still finding a reason to crap on this

SMDH

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
curious asset decision...

live in Calgary, nothing i've seen of Kulak suggests he's a better asset than either Taormina or Valiev (imo Valieve has the most potential of the 3 to be a regular NHLer on a playoff team).

hard to see the point of this deal. Taormina is by far the best AHL player of the 3, Valiev the most potential... downgrade in asset management, another MB special :help:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Habs bring in a guy, for their AHL affiliate no less, who played 71 NHL games on a pretty deep defense last year...for 2 guys who combined played 2 NHL games.

And some are still finding a reason to crap on this

SMDH

Agreed, Kulak will be Laval Number 1 defenceman.

Kulak-Lernout
Moravcik-???
Sklenicka-Fleury
Plant-Lamarche

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad