Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak traded for Taormina and Valiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Another Left handed D. Is Lernout the only guy in Laval that shoots right? Fleury would be the other one if they sign him. Which one of our AHL depth likes to play on the opposite side of where they shoot?

I was also checking out the amount of contracts. I believe we are at 47?

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
You guys needed contract room. We had a guy who had been passed on the depth chart by two younger players.

Can't complain about it.

/Flames fan.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Kulak is a serviceable bottom pairing guy who was a victim of our depth at defense. Nothing really special, but he's a decent enough nhler

Reactions: Fenris

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I wonder who's going to take charge of the PP in Laval now. Taormina was pretty amazing at it, by far his best attribute. Pretty bad at everything else though, tbh.

Exactly, he's amazing in PP but pretty awful at 5on5.....

Jul 6, 2016
Two contracts for one contract opens up the possibility that Fleury will be signed

Fleury and Després.

Després won't sign for AHL league minimum for sure. Taormina's salary was quite high.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Despres is likely being offered a AHL contract. Take it or leave it. Hence the offers he is entertaining in Europe. Fleury likely to be signed cause the depth is needed on RD. If Fleury and Despres get two way contracts, we have 49 contracts in total? Not much wiggle room. I expect more moves and Scherbak might be the next one traded.

Jul 6, 2016
Despres is likely being offered a AHL contract. Take it or leave it. Hence the offers he is entertaining in Europe. Fleury likely to be signed cause the depth is needed on RD. If Fleury and Despres get two way contracts, we have 49 contracts in total? Not much wiggle room. I expect more moves and Scherbak might be the next one traded.

.... or DLR ?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Typical Bargain Bin move, I expect nothing more. He's the master of depth AHL players and trading with the same 4 teams over and over again. Jesus why is the universe doing this to us? What did we do to deserve this tool?
Huh! I agree with everything else but that highlighted part is just damn smack wrong. If nothing else MB is good at convincing so many GMs to waste their time on nothing trades. Some of his more recent trades

Calgary
Vegas
Arizona
Dallas
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Washington
Chicago
Nashville
Winnipeg

Reactions: dralaf

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Redmond for Deslauriers worked out last year. (Guys that had cleared waivers as well).

Interesting that Rychel and Valiev both end up in Calgary (from the Plekanec trade).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad