Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak (50% Retained) Traded to Edmonton for cond 2nd (2022/2023) Round Pick, 2024 7th & William Lagesson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I thought that only affected the 1st round, does it impact second onwards as well?
Teams that don't make the conference finals are seeded 17 through 28. Teams that make the conference finals are seeded 29-32. BUT teams that won their division and don't make the conference finals are seeded after all the non division winners. So the earliest they can pick is 25-28 if they don't make the conference finals. So, winning or losing on the 1st round is irrelevant.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Would love to have feedback from some Oilers fan but from the two games I've seen he was not very good. Had troubles with LA's forecheck.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Teams that don't make the conference finals are seeded 17 through 28. Teams that make the conference finals are seeded 29-32. BUT teams that won their division and don't make the conference finals are seeded after all the non division winners. So the earliest they can pick is 25-28 if they don't make the conference finals. So, winning or losing on the 1st round is irrelevant.
yeah but thought it only impacted rd 1

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The conference finals is where things start to matter. Who gets in is determined by round 2. So getting out or not getting out of round 2 is only when draft implications occur. Of course if you don't even get out round 1, then you can't get out of round 2, so that would precipitate draft fate.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If it's calgary/Edmonton, then kulak's run likely ends in round 2.

They are just as structured as LA, but they have alot more depth than LA does. It will be too much for them.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

If Edmonton loses in round 2 their pick will be higher than Toronto, Minnesota, and Boston’s picks (all who lost in round 1 because those teams had more points in the regular season).

Dallas’ pick could be higher than Calgary’s even if they beat the Flames tonight. That would happen if the Stars lose in round 2.

Draft order explained here:

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
The conference finals is where things start to matter. Who gets in is determined by round 2. So getting out or not getting out of round 2 is only when draft implications occur. Of course if you don't even get out round 1, then you can't get out of round 2, so that would precipitate draft fate.
No I meant round 1 of the draft not round 1 of the playoffs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No I meant round 1 of the draft not round 1 of the playoffs
Oh I see. I think it's only the lottery that affects round one of the draft. The seeding after the playoffs is for every round. If I understand it correctly.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
Would love to have feedback from some Oilers fan but from the two games I've seen he was not very good. Had troubles with LA's forecheck.
I've only watched one full game (yesterday), and most of the first periods of that series. I thought Kulak was playing really well. He did make some mistakes, but generally, I thought he was a lot more confident than with the Habs, especially in getting the puck out of the zone and skating to the Kings blue line. He was able to show the required quickness to pass the puck and position himself on plays when McDavid was on the ice. He looks like he's turning into a good #5 D that can play as a #4 for stretches

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I've only watched one full game (yesterday), and most of the first periods of that series. I thought Kulak was playing really well. He did make some mistakes, but generally, I thought he was a lot more confident than with the Habs, especially in getting the puck out of the zone and skating to the Kings blue line. He was able to show the required quickness to pass the puck and position himself on plays when McDavid was on the ice. He looks like he's turning into a good #5 D that can play as a #4 for stretches

He always was a good number 5, even with us. Every dman makes mistakes and he doesn't have much offense. That doesn't mean he wasn't a good number 5 that can play up and down the lineup in case of injury.

Reactions: MasterD

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If the Oilers get to the Stanley Cup Final, Habs will get their 2023 2nd Round Pick.

The 2022 2nd will go to Chicago.

If Oilers lose in the Conference Final, the Habs get the 2022 2nd ans Chicago gets nothing.

Reactions: Wats

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If the Oilers get to the Stanley Cup Final, Habs will get their 2023 2nd Round Pick.

The 2022 2nd will go to Chicago.

If Oilers lose in the Conference Final, the Habs get the 2022 2nd ans Chicago gets nothing.
Think another provision is Keith has to be a top 4 minute getter amongst their D for that second to head to Chicago?”….I think?

Indca

Mar 16, 2022
Think another provision is Keith has to be a top 4 minute getter amongst their D for that second to head to Chicago?”….I think?
Somebody said earlier that he was their third most used D, So I think that condition can be met.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

You are correct. But he only needs to be a Top-4 in terms of TOI in the first 3 rounds.

I think it's safe to say he will be. After 2 rounds, he's the 3rd most used D. Only Nurse and Ceci averaged more TOI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad