Confirmed with Link: Brett Kulak (50% Retained) Traded to Edmonton for cond 2nd (2022/2023) Round Pick, 2024 7th & William Lagesson

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
If I read this trade correctly:
- Kulak for a 2nd;
- Lageson as a salary cap and contract dump;
- 7th for the retained salary.

Remember, Tatar was a cap dump, so who knows?

Reactions: Redux91

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
When my friend told me the other day that he heard the price for Kulak was a 2nd, I laughed in his face and told him I think he’ll get a 3rd if we’re lucky but most likely a 4th. What a haul by KH. The masterclass is unfolding right before our eyes. I’m enrolled.🤑

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I crapped on Kulak a lot. He made so many boneheaded moves in his own end. However, his underlying numbers were much better than I'd have expected. Haven't seen much hockey this year but apparently he's improved.

In any event, 2nd rounder is a solid return, esp since he was UFA.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If I read this trade correctly:
- Kulak for a 2nd;
- Lageson as a salary cap and contract dump;
- 7th for the retained salary.

Remember, Tatar was a cap dump, so who knows?
Its STILL insane to me Bergevin never traded Tatar at the deadline and he WALKED for NOTHING after not even being used in the playoffs after all ffs

But KULAK brings in a 2nd lol jesus christ Marc

Reactions: LaP and MarkovsKnee

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
Kulak was inconsistent. Sometimes matchuped with the best opponents forwards and shutting them down very effectively. Sometimes under pressure by the forecheck of the opposing third line and handling the puck like a grenade. Weird. If he can be the good Kulak this is a very good trade for Edmonton and if not, he won't play.

Wish him the best he seemed like a very nice person.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
It's time for Edmonton to bow out gracefully from the playoffs so the Habs can glean as high a 2nd round pick as possible

Reactions: Hacketts

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's time for Edmonton to bow out gracefully from the playoffs so the Habs can glean as high a 2nd round pick as possible
True.

Note that even if they win this round but lose in the 2nd round, their pick will be identical. But better to get it done this round - and there are other teams that we want to lose in the 2nd round to make the Oilers pick better.

Last edited:
Reactions: bopeep

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
True.

Note that even if they win this round but lose in the 2nd round, their pick will be identical. But better to get it done this round - and there are other teams that we want to lose in the 2nd round to make the Oilers pick better.
I thought that only affected the 1st round, does it impact second onwards as well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad