Proposal: Brett Howden to WPG

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Easy no from the Jets but it’d have to be Vesalainen.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Tough to determine what NYR needs when NYR is one of the few teams prospect pools I'm not familiar with outside Howden, Andersson, Hajek, and two of those are because they came from TBL! Every time I read HF offers...I cringe because people make assess of themselves and I'd rather pose the question to those that know to gain some knowledge before doing that!

All that said......here's an attempt (at being what I think is reasonable)

NYR gets Mason Appleton+ Nic Petan + Tyler Myers (UFA 1) but can be moved for picks/prospects as a rental at the deadline and provides cap space without being a cap dump
WPG gets Kevin Hayes signed to 5 yers 5M extension

No.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lol we are not trading Howden. Rangers didnt bring him around the NHL draft party just to deal him. They are going to at least give him the time to develop here over the next 2 years.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Lol we are not trading Howden. Rangers didnt bring him around the NHL draft party just to deal him. They are going to at least give him the time to develop here over the next 2 years.

didn't they trade sundstrom during the draft while he was at msg for the draft party?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
didn't they trade sundstrom during the draft while he was at msg for the draft party?
Maybe but that was then and this is now. Team is rebuilding. Howden is close in the sense that he could be a mid season call up. They arent dealing young players like that. He has talent and can be part of this core moving forward.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe but that was then and this is now. Team is rebuilding. Howden is close in the sense that he could be a mid season call up. They arent dealing young players like that. He has talent and can be part of this core moving forward.

So can what ever you'd get back from Winnipeg.

I don't think Howden moves anyway. Hayes would probably interest them more and fills a need for them.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

i agree. i think howden will be a big part of the future, most likely as the 3C. but I also don't see him as untouchable. If another team has a young future top 4 RHD I would listen

rmhulse

Aug 27, 2011
Tough to determine the trade value of a prospect that we just acquired. To us, he may just be a possible 3rd/4th liner, but it is way too early to tell. Looking forward to seeing him in camp this year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I like Petan and Lemieux from Winnipeg.

Rangers resign Ryan Spooner at 4m and 2 years. Chevy inquired about Spooner when he was in Boston.

Ryan Spooner @50% (2m per 2 years)
Brett Howden

for

??

I do think it’s a good value package for Winnipeg. Not sure what the return would be. Petan and Lemieux feels very light. If you put Roslovic in their I recon the scale tilts the other way. Rangers can add TDA. I like Myers too, if he could stay healthy I think he could have a good number of years left even if he is 28. 1 year to UFA, not sure if he is worth anything to NYR.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
This guy is going to have a lot of competition with Chytil and Andersson. I would have thought Howden would be an eventual top 6, but I see here many saying he's more of a 3C.
I don't know if Chyt or Lias will both stick at C. If one got moved to the wing then perhaps that opens up a space for Howden to be a 2C?

Really, I think Howden is very much still an unknown though. I don't think we have seen the best of him. I definitely think it's too early though to relegate him to a 3rd line. His ceiling still seems quite high to me. But others have probably seen him a lot more than I.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Oh right. Lol.

As a Ranger fan I would love to be able to get Vesalainen 1 for 1, but that might be asking a bit much.

I always liked Petan. Petan and a 2nd Round pick?

Of course I would love to get any of Laine, Connor or Ehlers.

I honestly don't think we need Roslovic. Between Chyt and Lias I think we have 2 viable future centers. And then Ziban I think is more a long term 2C.

I really don't like Kevin Hayes. I was so upset when we shipped out JT Miller instead of Hayes. Honestly, I thought Miller was our best player most of the past 2 years, at least our best forward.

I don't see why the Jets would want Hayes though. That seems like a non starter to me.

All though if there were a way to get Ehlers, as I suspect Connor is Jets long term Laine counterpart, I would certainly aim for that.

Perhaps a package of Howden, one of the D-men we drafted in the first round this year, and a 3rd round pick? I'm not a huge fan of either of our D-men drafted in 2018 1st round, but I'm sure they still have good value being 1st rounders. If Jets would want Namestinkov, Vesey or Spooner I would easily include any of them with Howden and one of the D-men.

Would also offer Howden + Buchnevic for Ehlers straight up.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Rangers will move Howden. Not that I don't want him, he seems good. But as I said I think we are pretty set at center and I really would love to get Ehlers.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Hayes is the one guy who is probably going to end up getting moved out of here that I really don't want to see move.

I mean I get it, but hes gone from being loved, to loathed, to becoming stupid underrated.

I don't think he's underrated. Where is he going to take us? I think Hayes is a great piece for a team on the brink of the playoffs or a championship even. H'es a good 2nd line option, but for a contender, probably more of a 3rd line option IMO. He's not going to turn the Rangers around.

When Hayes is arguably your best player, I think that's a problem. I really really preferred JT Miller. I thought we kind of got the shaft in that deal. Especially after seeing this years draft picks. All though I can't say I dislike Kravtsov, I definitely don't know enough about him at this point and he seems to have pretty big potential.

I don't so much as dislike Hayes as see him being in the way of our young players getting real playing time and growing in the NHL. That really is where the team is at right now, whether Lundqvist understands that or not.

So I would be good with he Rangers trading Hayes. As long as the return is worthwhile, and I do expect him to have value in a deal. I just don't think the Jets are a team that necessarily would want him.

Right now, I would say Brady Skjei is the Rangers most underrated player.
In the converse, I am very worried that Buchnevich is overrated.

Oh, and we should probably trade Zuccarello. I don't personally want to see him leave. But I think where this team is at, given his age and talent, I think he could be helping a team vie for the championship or at least a late playoff run. He's too good and too hard working to be wasting away in NY. Plus, I think the Rangers would get a decent return for him. As they would for Lundqvist, who I doubt is every leaving.

Last edited:

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

I thought that Dan Cloutier was the player at the draft party... (Sunny and Danny went in the same trade for Brendl, though...)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hayes, Howden & ADA for Trouba
Hell to the No.
giphy.gif

Reactions: haveandare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad