Proposal: Brett Howden to WPG

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I don't think the rangers are interested in trading prospects right now. The only players rumored to get traded are roster players currently. So unless it's a overpayment there isn't much of a trade to be done.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The Rangers aren’t trading Howden, but if they did...

I would trade Howden for a package of Appleton, Spacek, Cederholm, and a 2nd.

Reactions: scarbrow21

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Generally speaking, Howden appears to be one of the kids they view as potentially forming a nucleus moving forward. While different names have been batted around in proposed trades, he's been reported as one of the closest to untouchable prospects the Rangers currently have.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Kristian Vesalainen most likely
That's kind of the level I was thinking. It'd have to be an almost sure thing deal for the Rangers and Vesalainen sure looks like that. WPG actually might ask for the add on that though (based on Vesa performing in a Mens league already at the level he did) but obviously there's no reason for NYR to add anything in their current state.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That's kind of the level I was thinking. It'd have to be an almost sure thing deal for the Rangers and Vesalainen sure looks like that. WPG actually might ask for the add on that though (based on Vesa performing in a Mens league already at the level he did) but obviously there's no reason for NYR to add anything in their current state.
Yeah, I don't see NYR trading Howden for another prospect, especially if they have to add.

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
How about you make an offer?
Tough to determine what NYR needs when NYR is one of the few teams prospect pools I'm not familiar with outside Howden, Andersson, Hajek, and two of those are because they came from TBL! Every time I read HF offers...I cringe because people make assess of themselves and I'd rather pose the question to those that know to gain some knowledge before doing that!

All that said......here's an attempt (at being what I think is reasonable)

NYR gets Mason Appleton+ Nic Petan + Tyler Myers (UFA 1) but can be moved for picks/prospects as a rental at the deadline and provides cap space without being a cap dump
WPG gets Kevin Hayes signed to 5 yers 5M extension

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
NYR gets Mason Appleton+ Nic Petan + Tyler Myers (UFA 1) but can be moved for picks/prospects as a rental at the deadline and provides cap space without being a cap dump

WPG gets Kevin Hayes signed to 5 yers 5M extension

Unless there’s something i don’t know about Myers I think that’s an overpayment by Winnipeg?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brendan Lemieux is a guy I'm interested in but I'd want a bit more--like a 3rd if you have one next year or a 2nd if you don't.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
That makes sense to me. Rangers could use wings and RD at this point so swapping Howden for a solid W prospect is a good move and I do value Vesa slightly above Howden... slightly...haha.

NYR have a glutton of add-on types right now that wouldn't hurt them but can end up being a serviceable guy for another team, adding value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad