Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
94E8917C-6450-41EB-8F88-20201196523C.jpeg

Reactions: d rake

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
4 games is “a lot” to the DOPS. It’ll take someone dying or getting paralyzed before major changes come through.

Connelly smoked Kero there. That was incredibly stupid, dangerous, and if it wasn’t intentional it was at the very least reckless.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Connolly is so stupid, that hit made zero sense, the puck was no where near Kero, just mind bogglingly stupid, I remember when this trade was made and people were pumping Stan’s tires saying that this useless garbage player can still play, what a joke. Stupid player acquired by a stupid GM. With the stupidity of this hit he shoulda have been suspended for the season, that hit can end a career.

Reactions: Openly Reggae

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
4 games is “a lot” to the DOPS. It’ll take someone dying or getting paralyzed before major changes come through.

Connelly smoked Kero there. That was incredibly stupid, dangerous, and if it wasn’t intentional it was at the very least reckless.

If that wasn’t intentional then Connolly’s IQ is below 10, how can you explain that hit other than premeditation or extreme stupidity? I am betting on the latter.

Reactions: Openly Reggae

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
The puck was coming along the boards towards Kero. The game happens fast people .. sheesh.
There was clearly not an intention to hurt Kero from Connolly.

Reactions: scorehawks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought it would be 6 games. It was a reckless hit but I don't think Connelly was intending the outcome like other cheap hits.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I thought it would be 6 games. It was a reckless hit but I don't think Connelly was intending the outcome like other cheap hits.

Can you explain the hit? The puck was not with him neither was it being passed to him, I don’t care how fast the game is going how does that even make sense for him to hit kero? For anyone who has played any hockey before that hit made absolutely zero sense. You are right tho I dont think he was trying to injure him he is just a very dumb player.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can you explain the hit? The puck was not with him neither was it being passed to him, I don’t care how fast the game is going how does that even make sense for him to hit kero? For anyone who has played any hockey before that hit made absolutely zero sense. You are right tho I dont think he was trying to injure him he is just a very dumb player.
Do you ever have anything positive to add to this forum?
The pass was going in Kero's direction, Connolly made a mistake and he will pay for it.
I look at as a guy who is trying very hard to stay in this league and thinking that adding some physicality to his game might help to accomplish that. His reaction made it obvious that he knew immediately that he had gone over the line... and his concern for Kero was genuine. Time to move on.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Do you ever have anything positive to add to this forum?
The pass was going in Kero's direction, Connolly made a mistake and he will pay for it.
I look at as a guy who is trying very hard to stay in this league and thinking that adding some physicality to his game might help to accomplish that. His reaction made it obvious that he knew immediately that he had gone over the line... and his concern for Kero was genuine. Time to move on.

pass? Did you even see the play? The guy turned around and rung the puck off the wall and out of the zone. The puck never even came close to touching Kero, he never even made a play on the puck. Since the hawks are too dumb to get him out of the league, the nhl should. There’s no place in professional sports for plays like that

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
pass? Did you even see the play? The guy turned around and rung the puck off the wall and out of the zone. The puck never even came close to touching Kero, he never even made a play on the puck. Since the hawks are too dumb to get him out of the league, the nhl should. There’s no place in professional sports for plays like that

FFS .... he's not a goon. You're overreacting big time.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The league just qas okay with multiple hits like this from Trouba, exact same results but the puck going to the boards vs passed into a skaters feet makes somehow one hit perfectly fine and another bad is ridiculous

This should be punished but so should all hits right to the head like that. It's baffling how many are more bothered it was interference than a headshot.

Reactions: LordKOTL and Pertti

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The league just qas okay with multiple hits like this from Trouba, exact same results but the puck going to the boards vs passed into a skaters feet makes somehow one hit perfectly fine and another bad is ridiculous

This should be punished but so should all hits right to the head like that. It's baffling how many are more bothered it was interference than a headshot.

a pass into skates can be conceivably played. So I guess the rule is you can hit anyone in the head if the puck is anywhere within 20 feet of them. You’ll get a week off but that’s it

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Connelly looked like he thought Kero was receiving the pass from Radulov who was exiting the corner with the puck and tried to time that out. He OBVIOUSLY failed at the read as Radulov was going to ice it. Like I said, it was a reckless hit based on what I think was BC making a bad read.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Suspension is too long compared to Trouba's and might be short because Kero didn't have puck.

3 games for Trouba and 3+(1-3) more for Connelly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad