Confirmed with Link: Brendon Nash traded for Jason DeSantis (NHL rights have now been traded)

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
the Dog's have too many young D & not enuf spots for regular ice time......they want Nash to play regular mins and that IMHO is the reason behind this move. DeSantis can be and has been sat, it looks like a smart move.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Man, I was probably Nash's biggest fan even though I don't make much noise here. I think he's a solid defenseman with NHL potential. DeSantis looks fine though and already has a couple points, should help the abysmal PP so its nothing to gripe about I guess. I'll be curious to see how Nash develops in another place, I think he'll at least be a journeyman NHLer, 7th D type for someone but I could be way off. He was definitely on the verge of being completely irrelevant in a way though since we have so many good/interesting young D coming up.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
How does this compare with the trade a week ago? Did last week's trade trade their AHL rights and this trade trade their NHL rights? Head scratcher

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
How does this compare with the trade a week ago? Did last week's trade trade their AHL rights and this trade trade their NHL rights? Head scratcher

The real trade couldn't be completed because the CBA wasn't done. More than a few people figured that once everything was in place, the real trade would go down.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
15x90mu.gif
2myds46.gif

if i didn't like mine i'd use one.

...i clearly have too much free time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad