Confirmed with Link: Brendon Nash traded for Jason DeSantis (NHL rights have now been traded)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Nick DeSantis is reunited with his son! Nah but really I thought the player coming back was a forward or something, such a lateral move.

Gauthier :shakehead
Gainey :shakehead

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Rampage fan/blogger here. Was hoping to find a quick scouting report on Nash.

DeSantis had been relegated to a healthy scratch on most nights. He's a good PP player and decent offensively (though, he hasn't done much this year). He is, however, small and pretty awful defensively.

I hope he turns it around for you guys. He was, by all accounts, great last year in St. Johns. But he just never put it all together down here.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Don't know anything about DeSantis. He seems to be good offensively. He had 28 points on the powerplay last season, so hopefully he'll bolster our pathetic powerplay.

DeSantis had been relegated to a healthy scratch on most nights. He's a good PP player and decent offensively (though, he hasn't done much this year). He is, however, small and pretty awful defensively.

I hope he turns it around for you guys. He was, by all accounts, great last year in St. Johns. But he just never put it all together down here.

Thanks for the report of DeSantis.

Nash is 6'3, and he knows how to use that size. He's very physical and strong on his skates. He just returned after missing last season from shoulder surgery. He's just shaking off the rust now.

He is bad in his own zone, but he does provide offensive ability. However he's definitely started to look better in his own zone as of late. He skates well, moves the puck with speed, and makes a good outlet pass. He's got a great slapshot too. Nash has good physical tools, but isn't necessarily the smartest player. Fun player to watch when he's on his game though.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Nash was a good overral defencemen before getting injured, had an NHL game before his injury, looked bad. Still a good one.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Never really believed Nash had NHL upside but he's better than he looked most of this season. Last year was good when he played a safe game, is somewhat physical and has a decent shot. Was an awful decision maker this year.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Ok, so they want Beaulieu, Tinordi & Co. to get used to play with a guy like Weber or Kaber :laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Upgraded offensively too. Nash has 1g/8pts but this new guy has 2g/9pts.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Like a trade in Jr, Nash still belongs to Habs, right ?
Not like "a trade in jr", though in the sense that it's a trade in the AHL... and while the Habs still technically hold his NHL rights, teams don't normally trade one of their AHL players to another NHL team's development system if they have any intention of ultimately retaining that player. I would take this as essentially the Habs trading Nash to Florida. They can't officially do that, of course, due to the lockout...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad