Confirmed with Link: Brendon Nash traded for Jason DeSantis (NHL rights have now been traded)

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
To be fair, at least DeSantis might actually help the dogs win a few games. Not losing every game has it's developmental advantages.
Nash was second on the team in +/- before he left (+5) along behind Nattinen. Not that he was having an incredible season, but the games I watched, he looked decent enough. Definitely not as strong as he was pre-injury, but still solid. His PPG average was a little weaker than his first year, but the quality of team was also much stronger in his first year.

I just think a player that made the NHL during his first year in the minors, out of left field, is not the guy we should have let go because he's not played incredible in 25 games since returning from injury. He's also a career +27. I know +/- isn't everything but it's not a horrible indicator when it shows a consistent pattern.

I don't know, I just guess I think we have enough offensive style defenseman, which DeSantis is, rather than the 2-way hockey that Nash brings.

Young Gun

Nov 9, 2009
His frame was to big to be playing for the habs, maybe if he was "cube size", Bredon would have made the team

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is purely speculative, but I think this trade is more the Habs perhaps telling Nash that he wasn't going to get invited to the Habs camp and him requesting a trade to improve his chances at making the NHL. Habs saw Nash as a AHLer and swapped him with someone who will likely never be considered as anything else. Again just speculating, but considering how minor and meaningless this trade is I think the scenario I suggested was close to what happened.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not a deal I like but I heard Nash wasn't the same since coming back from his injury

He didn't look the same to me as in his rookie year he was much aggressive in the offensive zone so perhaps his confidence was rattled.

Nash was second on the team in +/- before he left (+5) along behind Nattinen. Not that he was having an incredible season, but the games I watched, he looked decent enough. Definitely not as strong as he was pre-injury, but still solid. His PPG average was a little weaker than his first year, but the quality of team was also much stronger in his first year.

I just think a player that made the NHL during his first year in the minors, out of left field, is not the guy we should have let go because he's not played incredible in 25 games since returning from injury. He's also a career +27. I know +/- isn't everything but it's not a horrible indicator when it shows a consistent pattern.

I don't know, I just guess I think we have enough offensive style defenseman, which DeSantis is, rather than the 2-way hockey that Nash brings.

I wasn't a big fan of Nash and didn't think he had any future with us even though im a big Cornell University fan. I thought Nash would at least be a decent AHLer and perhaps he will, I didn't think he played all that well this year but it had to be really tough to miss a full year and it is usually a painful event just to sit through any Hamilton game so perhaps I missed better plays by him but in the end while I don't care for the trade either way perhaps there are other reasons as to why he was moved or perhaps they know he is going to be blocked here since we already have a problem for next year 's over abundance of inexperinced D for the Dogs which could be made even worse depending on how things shake out with Bennett/Nygren. So give him a shot somewhere else now so he can try and make a name for himself with his new team in the hopes of getting a contract over the summer.

At least he can say he got to play for the Montreal Canadiens, so kudos to him!

His frame was to big to be playing for the habs, maybe if he was "cube size", Bredon would have made the team

A well thought out statement.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You can add Brendon Nash name in the Jon Gleed fanclub. Type of guys that look like they could make it but never can. You need those types of people. That's what the AHL is made of.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It honestly looks like Bergevin did the Rampage a favor. They desperately needed a big, hitting defenseman like Nash and they got him. DeSantis comes back in return, but he doesn't really help any of Hamilton's issues.

I don't think of Nash as a hitting defensemen, he's not overly physical. DeSantis I assume was brought in to help the brutal PP.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Confirmed: Nash is moron.

bnash4:
If you're afraid to take steroids you're afraid to be the best. #Lance

https://twitter.com/bnash4/status/292138768289390594

160dks8.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->