Confirmed with Link: Brenden Dillon to Washington in exchange for a 2nd RD pick and 3rd RD pick

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
No proof, but I'd bet DW took less to get Dillon to a top contender/to the East.
He did the same thing with Clowe several years ago. He brought him into his office, told him the teams with acceptable offers, and Clowe chose the Rangers. I'm sure that's what happened with Dillon. He even did it with TJ Galiardi, who was not good. Galiardi chose to go play for his hometown Flames.

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
Hey Sharks fans. Friendly Caps fan here. What can you all tell me about Dillon? I’m not too familiar with him. Ik he is a defensive defender but is he a top 4 guy?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Hey Sharks fans. Friendly Caps fan here. What can you all tell me about Dillon? I’m not too familiar with him. Ik he is a defensive defender but is he a top 4 guy?
Yes.
He’s not going to carry the pairing, but he’s usually excelled with elite, offensive D men. He’d probably be great with Carlson.

Really good skater for his size, doesn’t miss too many assignments, can skate/break the puck out fairly well, will drop the gloves, clear the front of the net, and plays with an edge.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013

good skating, tough defensive D with adequate passing. Can play 2nd pairing in a support of a better PMD role but is a #4/#5 tweener

lunarbrian

Jan 28, 2009
He's well liked by the fans and teammates. Plays hard every night. Will drop the gloves when needed. Not a superstar but an all around solid defenseman.

Reactions: Stan Galiev

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Yes.
He’s not going to carry the pairing, but he’s usually excelled with elite, offensive D men. He’d probably be great with Carlson.

Really good skater for his size, doesn’t miss too many assignments, can skate/break the puck out fairly well, will drop the gloves, clear the front of the net, and plays with an edge.
I'll second that. He was great with Karlsson last year and really excels as the support guy on his pairing. Decent puck handler, plays great positionally and lets the magicians do their magic. I hope he does really well for you guys!

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Gonna miss him but it was needed.

some say we should've traded Burns or Vlasic but nah, Dillon is likely to sign with another team in the off season imo, he wants a ring.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Very few people here want to see him go so that should tell you most of what matters.
Looks like a guy that got to pick where he wanted to go.
I truly hope he got to choose. Offers probably weren't that far off between teams anyway.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Had to happen, we have too much money invested with defenceman.

I didn't like him for a period of time. He and Polak were disgusting in our SCF. Then last year he was awesome for a period of time, and dropped off at the back end of the year a bit. Solid guy but we cant afford his cap hit for a 4/5/6 guy on a team where 1/2/3 are all overpaid.

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
Welcome to the South Bay 2nd and conditional 3rd round picks!

But seriously, thanks Dillion and best of luck in Washington.

ktice

Mar 10, 2019
You'll see him get beat from time to time. He can play well in the support role on a higher pairing but he's a 4/5 tweener. That said he's been trending better lately - he didn't have a good playoffs last year or during our SCF run (Dillon-Pollak got downright abused against the Pens, it was hard to watch) but this season and the last regular season were both solid for him. You can tell that he's been working on his skating a lot and that's made him less prone to getting trapped in his zone. He doesn't have a great first pass so his skating improving has been really important for his game. Everyone says he'll get $4M+ next year, I think he's worth $3-$3.5M.

Think you got a great depth pickup as a rental and a good team guy.

Reactions: Stan Galiev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad