Confirmed with Link: Brenden Dillon to Washington in exchange for a 2nd RD pick and 3rd RD pick

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Retain half of the salary for a small return of what is basically an early 3rd and 4th round picks?

WTF was DW thinking?

If you want to criticize the return for being average and not great, that's fine. However, retention on a pending UFA does not really matter from the Shark's perspective considering Hasso is one of the wealthier owners.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Retain half of the salary for a small return of what is basically an early 3rd and 4th round picks?

WTF was DW thinking?

Yeah it is what it is. Can't confirm at work because twitter is blocked, but didn't DW give him a choice on where he wanted to go? Pretty much said to DW see you again on July 1 regardless.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jul 10, 2010

WTF was DW thinking?
at some point we have to differentiate between 2nd and 3rd rounders. Considering its the COL 2nd and more likely to be in the 50 range than in the 60s, i think its very misleading to call it an early third rounder.

I would of liked the 2 2nds but are you then going to say that LA basically got 2 early 3rd rounders for Martinez from Vegas? Of course not, because Vegas's picks will likely be in the 50s as well.

Reactions: themelkman

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
at some point we have to differentiate between 2nd and 3rd rounders. Considering its the COL 2nd and more likely to be in the 50 range than in the 60s, i think its very misleading to call it an early third rounder.

I would of liked the 2 2nds but are you then going to say that LA basically got 2 early 3rd rounders for Martinez from Vegas? Of course not, because Vegas's picks will likely be in the 50s as well.
And Martinez isn’t a rental.

Reactions: Phu

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

WTF was DW thinking?
In 2010, San Jose traded a 2nd in 2010 for Wallin and a 5th. Dillon is a similar player. The value is basically what it always has been for a defensive-minded, physical d-man.

The salary retention is null because we are not getting Hertl back.

Wilson got market value. If other teams got more, good for them.

Reactions: Helistin

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In 2010, San Jose traded a 2nd in 2010 for Wallin and a 5th. Dillon is a similar player. The value is basically what it always has been for a defensive-minded, physical d-man.

The salary retention is null because we are not getting Hertl back.

Wilson got market value. If other teams got more, good for them.

Look, we can play this game forever. DW gave up a first-round-pick and Josh Gorges for Craig Rivet. He famously got two seconds for Douglas Murray and a 2nd and a 6th for Brad Stuart. He traded two seconds for Polak and Spaling (although the caveat of how that might have tied into the Reimer deal). He also only gave up a 2nd round pick for Ian White (I'd say clearly the best defenseman on this list).

Trade markets fluctuate a lot and aren't very elastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad