Player Discussion Brendan Smith

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Smith is in tomorrow night. Kampfer out.

Really strange because I thought he'd never get out of AV's doghouse according to some experts.

Reactions: Riche16

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If he keeps it simple he'll be fine. I hope he does, because he brings some elements we could really use, evidenced by the frequent dance parties in front of our net last night.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If he keeps it simple he'll be fine. I hope he does, because he brings some elements we could really use, evidenced by the frequent dance parties in front of our net last night.

He's great in front of the net and elite at the blueline.

Like you said, he needs to keep it simple and do less with the puck. Unfortunately he'll be with Staal which kind of forces Smith into Shattenkirk-ing with the puck. And now we're back to nothing AV does makes sense. All roads lead back.

I would happily give Skjei-Smith another look. Skjei got off to an absolutely abysmal start and I feel that, to an extent, Smith got the punishment for that. Now that Brady has decided to be an NHL player again the last couple of weeks, I think it would work again.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
He's great in front of the net and elite at the blueline.

Like you said, he needs to keep it simple and do less with the puck. Unfortunately he'll be with Staal which kind of forces Smith into Shattenkirk-ing with the puck. And now we're back to nothing AV does makes sense. All roads lead back.

I would happily give Skjei-Smith another look. Skjei got off to an absolutely abysmal start and I feel that, to an extent, Smith got the punishment for that. Now that Brady has decided to be an NHL player again the last couple of weeks, I think it would work again.
I tend to agree but that means McD / Kirk and McD has been pretty awful lately... that could be a real problem w Kirk in his own end w/out the puck. Not really worried when he has it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad